Riva Tuner displaying wrong GPU usage/temperature

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I have installed MSI Afterburner for the first time today with the sole purpose of displaying in-game performance statistics as seen in many video reviews.

Everything seems to be working alright except for GPU usage figure and GPU temperature. It shows GPU temperature as 0 degree Celsius always and GPU usage in 9 figure percentages say 974985388%.

I have tried to play around with settings but nothing seems to be working. Online searches did not yield any answer as I could not locate a similar discussion.

Considering that I am new to this and that my processor is AMD Ryzen 3 2200G while playing Alan Wake as reference on Windows 10 Professional 64 bit, please guide me in correcting this.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have installed MSI Afterburner for the first time today with the sole purpose of displaying in-game performance statistics as seen in many video reviews.

Everything seems to be working alright except for GPU usage figure and GPU temperature. It shows GPU temperature as 0 degree Celsius always and GPU usage in 9 figure percentages say 974985388%.

I have tried to play around with settings but nothing seems to be working. Online searches did not yield any answer as I could not locate a similar discussion.

Considering that I am new to this and that my processor is AMD Ryzen 3 2200G while playing Alan Wake as reference on Windows 10 Professional 64 bit, please guide me in correcting this.
Follow this guide:
How to monitor FPS,CPU,GPU and RAM usage with MSI Afterburner [Tutorial]

Last edited:
OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Does it display the information on the game screen?

Also about temperatures displayed in HwInfo:
CPU and Motherboard temperatures are labelled as such. There are 4 other values which all simultaneously display the same reading. Shall I assume that it is GPU temperature?

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I think I have arrived at the acceptable combination - Riva Tuner + HwInfo. Can keep MSI Afterburner off as I do not overclock anything. All I need is the display to monitor.

Thank you so much.

Top Bottom