Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The parts are:

EK Supreme HF Rev 3.0 Full Nickel CPU waterblock
EK Coolstream XT 360 Radiator
PVC 1/2" ID 3/4' OD tubing x4 metres
EK G1/4" 1/2"OD barbs (aka nozzles) x8
Laing MCP-355 1T Plus pump
EK DDC-XTop Rev 2.0 G1/4"EK Multioption Res X2 150 Advanced Reservoir.

OMG.:shock:..a full-fleged water reservoir...

What is Rig 2.0???

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
ekwaterblocks.com

Ship via DHL.this is only one of the manufacturers.

But if you want from other companies then you have no choice but UPS/FedEx which are expensive.

Some places you can buy from are performance-pcs,sidewinder computers.

Remember,google is your friend

Last edited:
OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
because the Maximus IV Extreme is unavailable/so is Gigabyte UD7 and the 2600k is unavailalbe only standard is available.

not to mention the b3 stepping models will take time to come here,as they have only recently appeared in other markets.

In future the bandwidth advantage will count.I plan to run this setup for a long time without any change.3 years later i might change GPU.depends on whether most games are DX9 crapsole ports or not.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
because the Maximus IV Extreme is unavailable/so is Gigabyte UD7 and the 2600k is unavailalbe only standard is available.

not to mention the b3 stepping models will take time to come here,as they have only recently appeared in other markets.

Gigabyte P67 UD7 is avail...
One of our forum member lordirecto has bought it n posted the pics Here

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
hell my bad...but my statement still holds true about i7 2600k.its hard to find.

mobos too.especially in kolkata.

An update- my goods except GPU should arrive tomorrow.the GPUs are coming as a special order,so they will take a few more days :(

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@Extreme Gamer- Wow, lovely purchase. and Yes i7 2600K isn't available in Kolkata, forget about Mobo when the Proccy isn't even available. Besides i7 960 is one hell of a CPU, don't know why everyone is suggesting i7 2600K and else while the performance difference is minimal.
Anyway, Congrats on your purchase. Each and every product is great. :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
ekwaterblocks.com

Ship via DHL.this is only one of the manufacturers.

But if you want from other companies then you have no choice but UPS/FedEx which are expensive.

Some places you can buy from are performance-pcs,sidewinder computers.

Remember,google is your friend

Thanx for this update, I myself looking for Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima Cooling Kit for my rig (as in siggy).... can u tell me the payment procedure and the time it took for the product to reach u..??

Also, is there any difficulty faced wen they (The company) tried to Courier it to u in India..?? i mean any niggles or hesitations or complaints..?? (by the Original Company or the Courier company) for that matter..??

:)

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Ok go on ranting about the 2600k...but in another place.We have already stated that its not available in CCU.

BTW the i7 960 gives performance similar to the 2500k,and OC'ing brings performance close to the 2600k stock. In real world application,the difference is not noticable anyway coz its so fast.
Also,the 2600k is NOT the fastest processor in the planet.Its the fastest CONSUMER QUAD CORE processor in the planet.
The fastest CONSUMER processor in the planet is the core i7 990x.The fastest Processor is probably a 10 core LGA 1567 Xeon monster.

Unfortunately ashu,I ordered from EK (manufacturer is in Slovenia) while Swiftech is in the US.
If you can accept the huge shipping costs from US to India (always use UPS/Fedex/DHL Express etc private companies,never use USPS).
DHL is cheap but you will have a hard time getting it in US shops.

As soon as your shipment ships,keep in contact with the shipping company and find out who is handling/in charge of your shipment.

He will give you the details and if required tell you his requirements to clear the shipment from customs.Personally,I had to give a technical writeup of the parts in my shipment to get it cleared from customs.

I dont know about payment process but most sites require paypal(EK doesnt).

Also dont get that outdated kit(or any other kit for that matter).Get parts separately for a true WC system.Avoid Swiftech because they have outdated products.Look at XSPC/Koolance/EK/HW Labs/Danger Den/Bitspower for cooling.

Don't get me wrong.Swiftech had great parts for its time,but now they are very outdated.

If you have not WCed before(and no, corsair or cooler master dont count),I suggest you research for at least 3 months,decide on a good roomy cabinet and then buy.

Also,Manju if you are so interested in pushing me to get SB,send me over a Maximus IV Extreme B3 and i7 2600k as gift for free.
I also ont like SB for the fact that Bclk Overclocking is linked to every other part of your system.Wait for X68(sandy bridge socket 1356)everyone or X79(ivy bridge probably socket 2011).

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Ok go on ranting about the 2600k...but in another place.We have already stated that its not available in CCU.

BTW the i7 960 gives performance similar to the 2500k,and OC'ing brings performance close to the 2600k stock. In real world application,the difference is not noticable anyway coz its so fast.
Also,the 2600k is NOT the fastest processor in the planet.Its the fastest CONSUMER QUAD CORE processor in the planet.
The fastest CONSUMER processor in the planet is the core i7 990x.The fastest Processor is probably a 10 core LGA 1567 Xeon monster.

Agreed... :)

Unfortunately ashu,I ordered from EK (manufacturer is in Slovenia) while Swiftech is in the US.
If you can accept the huge shipping costs from US to India (always use UPS/Fedex/DHL Express etc private companies,never use USPS).
DHL is cheap but you will have a hard time getting it in US shops.

As soon as your shipment ships,keep in contact with the shipping company and find out who is handling/in charge of your shipment.

He will give you the details and if required tell you his requirements to clear the shipment from customs.Personally,I had to give a technical writeup of the parts in my shipment to get it cleared from customs.

I dont know about payment process but most sites require paypal(EK doesnt).

Also dont get that outdated kit(or any other kit for that matter).Get parts separately for a true WC system.Avoid Swiftech because they have outdated products.Look at XSPC/Koolance/EK/HW Labs/Danger Den/Bitspower for cooling.

Don't get me wrong.Swiftech had great parts for its time,but now they are very outdated.

If you have not WCed before(and no, corsair or cooler master dont count),I suggest you research for at least 3 months,decide on a good roomy cabinet and then buy.

Yup, I found the XSPC/Koolance products to be far more superior to be really honest, yup u hv the right concerns and the right info , i too was having doubts abt swiftech products... coz its been a long long time they updated their arsenal of products and in this gap of time other gr8 companies hv come up.. :)

Here Ijust (and will never ever) be able to get complete WaterCooling kits.. :( thats real bad ...

Hey Buddy,, :) how much did that complete waterCooling kit from EK costed u + Shipping costs + any other extra costs/customs costs + duration (in days) for the product to reach u), plz do mention.. :)

Check up PM :)

Also,Manju if you are so interested in pushing me to get SB,send me over a Maximus IV Extreme B3 and i7 2600k as gift for free.
I also ont like SB for the fact that Bclk Overclocking is linked to every other part of your system.Wait for X68(sandy bridge socket 1356)everyone or X79(ivy bridge probably socket 2011).
ok both of u relax guys... :D lets NOT fight over it and let everyone be satisfied as per his/her own choice of products... :)
---------------------

CHeers n e-peace....

MegaMind

Human Spambot
ok both of u relax guys... :D lets NOT fight over it and let everyone be satisfied as per his/her own choice of products... :)

This s not a fight rather a debate to say.... :wink:

The i7 960 is a quadcore with hyperthreading - meaning it can process eight logical threads simultaneously.

This would help a lot if you're doing video editing (or with any heavily-threaded applications), but otherwise does nothing.

The 900 series also uses triple-channel memory (for Socket 1366) so you have to buy three sticks of RAM to fully unleash its performance.

The i5 2500k and i7 2600k are both quadcore, but the i5 does not have hyperthreading. Again, this only makes a difference for heavily-threaded programs.

If your computer is for gaming, you'll never notice a difference. Also, the ones ending in K can be overclocked very easily (since the multiplier is unlocked).

The extra money you saved over buying an i7 960 can be used to get a faster graphics card and more RAM.

If you're balls-to-the-wall for more video editing performance, get the i7 2600k. Otherwise, stick to the i5 2500k.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Yes I know all that but i cant OC my ram on SB can I?No.
I like upping the bclk by some amount to OC other stuff(RAM).
Yes I know the 2600k is multiplier unlocked blah-blah-blah but its not available here genius!
And my specs clearly state I got the 12GB 2ghz dominator GT kit.

otherwise why would I spend ~1.7L-1.8L on a PC?Because I am a practical enthusiast cum hardcore gamer building a PC that can easily handle most games 3-5 years from now on respectable settings especially if the crapsole porting continues,especially with a 4-4.4Ghz OC.(read CRANK THAT S#!T UP!).

I dont want to debate any further with you.I am sorry if I will offend you with my next statements(to you): Please, dont appreciate my system but take your rant elsewhere!

In the next post please dont talk about benefits of sandy bridge!I know a few people who have taken Sandy Bridge systems,and they agree that the i5 2500k is enough.Sure it does not have hyper-threading ,but i want fast general usage(heavy multitasking) and awesome gaming (the 900 series can still provide it).Sandy bridge being better does not make bloomfield bad.

The last paragraph in my previous post still applies ;)

Ashu, I spent ~400 USD+~65 USD + 3500 INR (cost+shipping+customs) on my shipment.Roughly 24000 INR.

Listen.If you can give me a budget(do it in PM) i will be happy to help you out.The swiftech apogee is still a great CPU waterblock.A good full kit can be gotten for below $400 IMHO.But you will have to pay extra for the shipping and duties ;)

Provided all parts are in stock fully(as per your requirement),they will ship within 3 days.Then depending on customs (keep regular contact with shipping company-once every day),you will get your goods within a week.DHL Express shipments are fully insured so dont worry ;)
Mine arrived intact and in excitement i ended up opening and making a mess of everything :p

Top Bottom