[RFC]Suggestion for upgrading an year old build

rishabh1x

Right off the assembly line
Hi, here is my current build that is a little more than an year old. I am mostly playing games like CS:GO, Warframe, BFV, R6 Siege, Anthem, Star Citizen, GTAV, Apex Legends etc.

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
CASE: BBC 8803
MOBO: Asus Prime A320m-k
GPU: Zotac Nvidia GTX 1050TI OC Dual Fan
RAM: Silicon Power 8GB Gaming Ram @2400Mhz
PSU: Cooler Master 450W Bronze
STORAGE: Seagate 7200rpm 1TB HDD(Windows 10 - Primary),
WD Green 160GB Hdd(Secondary - Deepin),
WD Green M.2 SSD 256GB(Select games that need it)

Now I am looking to upgrade my system. I am confused between a few components that I have to upgrade and the cascading effects of upgrading those.

My first priority right now is to upgrade the GPU and CPU. My cpu budget is around 15-20k and for gpu i am willing to shed close to 30k. With the current flood in gpu market with all the new cards, I am confused among which one to pick.

These are what i am looking at right now:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 56(ASUS ROG Triple Fan)

I understand this will require new psu as well. Are there any other suggestions that might benefit more than this or any concerns?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You need to upgrade mobo too,you can take a chance with ryzen 1200 but pairing a 2600 with a320 is not recommended at all.Sell your ryzen 1200/a320 mobo & save some money by getting 2600 & not 2600x. At least get MSI B450M-VDH V2 that costs ~6.8k. Vega 56 is also not recommended,get nvidia 2060(asus or zotac as currently nvidia freedom edition seems to be out of stock). You would at least need a good 550W psu(corsair CX550 costs ~4.2k) but try getting Corsair CX650 or a better 650W psu like antec earthwatts gold pro 650W(make sure it has 7 years warranty logo on box,prefer mdcomputers for purchase of this model).

OP
R

rishabh1x

Oh, i didnt know 2600 and a320 dont go well together? 2600 and 2600x are just 3k apart in price, so i think 2600x is clearly a better pick.
Also, I picked vega 56 because its 8gb vram is a reason vs 6gb of 2060 as in vega 56 will be better for me as i want to go above 1080p resolution. Vega 56 will cost me around ~26k where as a 2060 will be more than 30k anywhere.
And yes, if i pick vega 56, i will need a 650W+ psu and maybe a water block.

EDIT: If i get a Vega64 for around 35k it would be a far better deal than rtx 2060 right?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,for above 1080p resolution VRAM matters but as I am not a gamer so can't say for sure the advantage of 8gb over 6gb.Still Vega56 does seem better at the cost of increased power consumption. Vega56 for 26k & Vega64 for 35k seems to be used cards in which case proceed with caution(avoid msi,gigabyte etc prefer asus(proper bill),zotac(5 years warranty online registered with a copy of confirmation email from zotac).

Oh, i didnt know 2600 and a320 dont go well together? 2600 and 2600x are just 3k apart in price, so i think 2600x is clearly a better pick.
Also, I picked vega 56 because its 8gb vram is a reason vs 6gb of 2060 as in vega 56 will be better for me as i want to go above 1080p resolution. Vega 56 will cost me around ~26k where as a 2060 will be more than 30k anywhere.
And yes, if i pick vega 56, i will need a 650W+ psu and maybe a water block.

EDIT: If i get a Vega64 for around 35k it would be a far better deal than rtx 2060 right?
Vega 64 performs similar to a 2060. so not a far better deal. Its more of team green vs team red. RTX features are kind of gimmicky right now, but might become good in the future. The 6GB VRAM doesn't seem to be a bottleneck for 1440p. Both 2060 & Vega 64 aren't good for 4K IMO.

Considering the games you play, it is better to get a 1080p 144Hz than a 1440p 60Hz.

You can get a new 2060 for 32k, whereas I see Vega 64 for 40k+. Used cards are not a good choice IMO. Who knows, maybe they were used for mining & mining reduces the life of a card as it remains on load for longer durations than one used for gaming (no one plays games for 24hrs a day, usually it will be under 6hrs/day).

*cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/HMQyHKJVvLNSfkU7xHt8nY-650-80.png

OP
R

rishabh1x

Ok, just a clarification, the vega56 and 64 that i am talking about for 25k and 35k respectively are new cards not used ones, its the mrp price. I have seen these cards on newegg and I am sure they are not used ones but brand new.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Indian prices are higher because of various import duties.If you are thinking of buying from newegg then forget it because Indian customs will levy at least 30-40% tax on mrp prices of newegg.

P.S. This is assuming you don't meant some friend/relative bringing these cards from USA(because in that case import duty does not apply as these can be considered as personal goods within limit).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You mean 30% tax other than vst?
Minimum 30% if you are very lucky or 45% if your luck is very bad on the final mrp newegg price.e.g.if newegg price is shown as $400(~28000 rupees) then you will have to pay anywhere between 8400-12600 as customs duty. That is why almost nobody buys graphics card from newegg to deliver in India.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You mean 30% tax other than vst?
Don't make the mistake of importing anything directly to India. Customs department babus decide the price of items (irrespective of the bill) and then apply taxes on them. Your current config would need a major upgrade IMO (Mobo, CPU, GPU, dual channel RAM, ssd) if you are planning to play above 1080p.

Just to be coherent, please fill this:
Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

Ok, just a clarification, the vega56 and 64 that i am talking about for 25k and 35k respectively are new cards not used ones, its the mrp price. I have seen these cards on newegg and I am sure they are not used ones but brand new.
Unless someone is bringing that card from the US for you, it's a bad idea to import as others stated.

Even if buying from the US, 2060 is still cheaper, $350 vs $420 of Vega 64.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
AMD Ryzen 3000 Series CPUs: Rumors, Release Date, All We Know About Ryzen 3

This article says Ryzen 3rd gen is supposed to release in mid 2019. Isn't it better if OP wait for few more months rather than investing in cpu and motherboard altogether?
I am not aware how the AMD launches their new CPU lineups. Only the high-end in starting and mid-end chips comes by end of the year?

Top Bottom