Return to mysterious Island:The best graphics I've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Hey Guyz.....today I saw the best graphics in a game. Itz the ultimate graphics tht I have ever seen. It's a game called Return to mysterious island. See the Game in terms of GRAPHICS not by the type of GAMEPLAY. I played the demo given in Jan Digit DVD.Check it out guyz.......! In every point there is superb clarity.If u know any game having BEST GRAPHICS than this tell me I wud like to see.
I am waitin 4 ur replies to know abt such games(Having extreme graphics)

gamefreak14

Journeyman
I agree with you, however the demo really screwed up my audio..I was forced to reinstall my creative audio drivers to get it back to normal...Anybody with this strange problem?

Major-Minor

Broken In
Re: Return to mysterious Island:The best graphics I've ever

hard_rock said:
If u know any game having BEST GRAPHICS than this tell me I wud like to see.
I am waitin 4 ur replies to know abt such games(Having extreme graphics)

HL-2, DOOM3, FarCry, COTR:EFBB, SC:CT, SWAT4, LOTR:BFME and many more, virtually all the games I have played in 2004 and this year so-far. Basically I hate RTMI type of games, I mean there is no interaction with the environment, just point and click, just like that game MYST. Its an objective opinion though. Graphics-wise, it was so-so, just a bunch of pretty pictures.

Here are a few thumbnails of the screenshots, which very well backup what I have to say -
(Click on the Thumbnail to see full size screenshot)

Doom3
*img31.exs.cx/img31/7901/doomx012lg.th.jpg

FarCry
*img31.exs.cx/img31/4659/fc24gj.th.jpg

HL-2
*img77.exs.cx/img77/8420/d1town0500135vm.th.jpg

COTR:EFBB
*img77.exs.cx/img77/2271/screen775mg.th.jpg

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
The graphics in RTMI is really good....but have u checked the MYST series?I havnt played URU but was spell bound for nearly 3 months after i first saw EXILE....

Sourabh

Laptoping
dude i guess u havent played much games

thts some kinda jpg game wht i call

create some HQ pics

hyperlink some parts whts tht called in HTML image mapping and woah a new game in ur hands

after searching for coconut, snails, lizard for eating them, setting up fire and everything u realize u want more energy and u r stuck up

u go upstairs and try to move tht plank which blocks the road, and she tells i need to eat more to get enuf energy to move it

heck!!

Resident EVIl 3 was a similar jpeg game which ws released abt 6 yrs back and these guys are making a dx9 game on the same thing

get a taste of better games thts all i can say

well these are my comments, thts wht i feel u may disagree ur wish..

OP
hard_rock

hard_rock

Salieri Family
@Major-minor:
See the Game in terms of GRAPHICS not by the type of GAMEPLAY
Even I got bored with gameplay.But the point I am highlighting is graphics.I ran DOOM-3 on my AMD athlon XP 2800+ with Nvidia Geforce4MX integrated Graphics card(Onboard).It looked ugly.But with the same PC.....this game gave extreme graphics.I am a casual gamer n played almost only 4-5 games.
neways.....have u observed the lighting effects in this game are different.Tht is her body texture is like in most 3D films(like in The incredibles).

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Hey Hard_Rock, why dont you post some screenies so that we can know exactly what you are talking about?

Serial_Killer

Broken In
@hard_rock : U say u've played 5 games and u find RTMI gfx great ,could u tell us wut are those 5 games.I dont think those include the games mentioned above.
Is the AMD Athlon 2800+ XP out ????

OP
hard_rock

hard_rock

Salieri Family
4 ur info........
MP-2
NFS:UG1 n 2
Mafia
Halo
Guyz............I am just seeing the Graphics point of view not the Gameplay.I know this game stands nowhere with other popular games as compared to Gameplay.I don't even like the game 4 it's Gameplay.But I am asking why the rendering of this game is different as compared to MP-2.See her body texture n the lighting effects are completely different.Itz like in 3D movies.Wat kind of engine does this uses? To make u clear I am not claiming tht this is the best game.I am wondered abt the Graphics design.Tht too to run on a low end( 4 game playing) PC.

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/hard_rock/image001_t.jpg
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/hard_rock/image006_t.jpg
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/hard_rock/image005_t.jpg
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/hard_rock/image004_t.jpg
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/hard_rock/image003_t.jpg
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/hard_rock/image002_t.jpg

NikhilVerma

Padawan
That is called Pre-Rendering!!!
Everything is pre-rendered !!!

That's why you can't move in the direction you wish...
They have just some selected rendered scenes... you'll notice that they remain unchanged...

when you move .. one scene fades into another... unlike other games
That's why the game is so big coz they have a 1280*1024 screenshot in lossless compressed jpeg's for every location!!!

Believe me I have checked it... Coz I like to explore the contents of every game's compressed files....

GameAddict

In the zone
Tried Myst series?

Hi,

Has anybody played Myst series? I tried Myst III and waiting for Myst 4 which is released and comes on 2 DVDs. :shock:

It boasts of (and people agree too) of the best graphics available.About Myst III, I heard that everything is hand drawn.

Bye!

GA

LordZeus

Broken In
This is just like the neighbours frm hell series... everything is prerendered.. not realtime rendering lik in doom 3 or HL2 .. gud lord.. how can u call this graphics?

Sourabh

Laptoping
NikhilVerma said:
That is called Pre-Rendering!!!
Everything is pre-rendered !!!

That's why you can't move in the direction you wish...
They have just some selected rendered scenes... you'll notice that they remain unchanged...

when you move .. one scene fades into another... unlike other games
That's why the game is so big coz they have a 1280*1024 screenshot in lossless compressed jpeg's for every location!!!

Believe me I have checked it... Coz I like to explore the contents of every game's compressed files....

no use posting this, ppl wod never agree

:cry:

LordZeus

Broken In
This is just like the neighbours frm hell series... everything is prerendered.. not realtime rendering lik in doom 3 or HL2 .. gud lord.. how can u call this graphics?

LordZeus

Broken In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom