Restoring Whatsapp backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

My boss deleted and deactivated his Whatsapp account. He took a backup of the whole folder in his sd card. When he re-installed the same all the files from the database folder were deleted and he tried copying the same from his backup folder but he is not able to restore the same. Check this-
Backed up folder
*i.imgur.com/KzYEUmH.jpg
Copied the latest file and renamed as per this WhatsApp FAQ - Restoring your chat history
*i.imgur.com/fR83aoP.jpg
Still error
*i.imgur.com/I5sMDfL.jpg

Since I don't use Whatsapp I don't have any idea at all about this. Please guide.

Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your boss should have used google drive option,try older files by renaming & see if WA can recognize.Also did your boss copied the file before activating/verifying WA because I think that is necessary(aka copy pasting file just after installing WA & before launching/activating/verifying it).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Your boss should have used google drive option,try older files by renaming & see if WA can recognize.Also did your boss copied the file before activating/verifying WA because I think that is necessary(aka copy pasting file just after installing WA & before launching/activating/verifying it).
I don't know anything about it. He said whosoever fixes it can have an off on Saturday lol. It ain't going to be me. Lock/delete this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom