Respected Members - Please suggest a Phone for a Friend - Budget : Rs.20000

1. Budget? - Rs.20000

2. Display type and size? Full Hd or If possible : Amoled (Should Be Bright)

3. Dual sim? : Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand? : Motorola - Realme - Poco - any other - but no to Samsung

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? - Good Camera should be there.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc). - Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi). - Yes, - All

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? - Mainly Use for Calling (Reception should be good) - Whatsapp - Youtube Videos.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - Confused between many choices as the Sale Approaching and companies Slashed the prices that's why confused between some

Models :
Realme 11 Pro 5g,
Motorola Edge 40 Neo,
Poco X5 Pro 5g,
Poco F5 5g
Realme 10 Pro 5g

I am considering the Sale Prices of these Handsets base Models.

10. Any other info that you want to share : Need Good Looking Phone

Hope to see a reply soon. Thank You.

Regards,

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Poco F5 was being suggested when it was selling close to 30k. At 21k, it should be an easy choice.

+1 to Poco F5 at 21k

If you are willing to sacrifice a bit on battery life, Pixel 6a is another contender.

If you can extend budget a bit, Nothing Phone 1 is a more balanced option at 23-24k.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Hel
+1 to Poco F5 at 21k

If you are willing to sacrifice a bit on battery life, Pixel 6a is another contender.

If you can extend budget a bit, Nothing Phone 1 is a more balanced option at 23-24k.
Hello,

Thank You for the reply, but my Friend wants a Curved Display phone, and I think Poco F5 is not that, so I figured out some Phones that has curved display under Rs.20000(With Offers), Please Can you suggest one of them?

Realme 11 Pro 5g,
Motorola Edge 40 Neo
IQOO Z7 PRO

If there is any other Device that I am missing, Please tell. Thank You.
Regards,

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Getting a protection for curved display is tough. I used a wet application based screen guard for my S8, but don't see such stuff in India (I bought that from USA).

All 3 of them are fine, get whichever's looks you prefer.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Few days back went to service centre there are three Pixel customers come for faulty brand new phones within week
Even S23 will have customers lining up in first week of purchase. It is the sad but nothing else can be done. That's why imo one should not spend over the budget by huge margin, so it hurt lesser when things go bad.
BTW did you ask them what exact issue they were facing?

shreeux

Movie Buff
Even S23 will have customers lining up in first week of purchase. It is the sad but nothing else can be done. That's why imo one should not spend over the budget by huge margin, so it hurt lesser when things go bad.
BTW did you ask them what exact issue they were facing?
If you call any one....it will ring continuosly..never cut off....only switch off or restart it will cut off

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Is Main Board Issue still coming in Poco Phones? Please reply.
No.

Buy any mobile but with the latest chipset.
Old chipsets aren't good enough with the latest 5g network.

I have poco X5 pro 5g and poco f5.
Both are very good in camera and performance respectively.

But when the battery endurance considered
The poco X5 pro had a little better battery, after watching almost all reviews on YouTube.
After I made a purchase, I found out different results.
Poco f5 gives better battery life on the "5g++" with hotspot connected TV.
~1% battery drain in 1 hour.
From 37% to 36%.

778G is good but don't consider old chipsets now.
Other experts can shed more light on this.

This is what I experienced.

Also not used 67watt charger came with both phones.
Still using 10 watt, 18 watt and sometimes 27 watt charger.
Mostly 10 watt charger.
Charging is slow but battery will lost long.
Slow charging is best for device.
(OnePlus, realme, oppo, Vivo uses different charging techniques and these are different company
All conversions are done in the adapter and then powered to the battery, in case of other conversions are done in mobile.
So more heat, more damage.
Hence 10 watt charger)
Nominal voltage is 3.7v (means 40-60% battery capacity).
So if you keep your device between these percentages your battery will last for many years..
For more details search "advance charging controller" or "GitHub vr25"

As of now.
Both devices unlocked.
Stock MIUI (not updated to the latest version kept the same MIUI version after unboxing)
Rooted
Debloated
Using it for 2 months after that big billion sale.
Not found any problem.
But f5 is great compared to X5 pro.
The only problem is the camera, could have given the Sony sensor at least. Because SoC is so good that it can handle and process the best photos.

Also one more thing.
You may find MIUI problematic.
But don't make unnecessary changes in settings and avoid updating your system using OTA.
Fastboot rom update + stable is good.

Hyper OS is more of a headache now.
As the company wants a locked bootloader only and unlocking isn't easy as earlier. It is still very early to make any statements.

But make choices accordingly.

Only regret is that, instead of poco X5 pro, I would have waited more for gen 3 or gen 4 SoC.
As 512GB and 1 TB, will be new standards.
Ufs 4, Bluetooth 5.4,
Etc etc.

Last edited:

icyarm

Right off the assembly line
Mi used to give good software and good enough hardware. But now the bloatware seems to push the user experience down the drain. It's a drastic move to go for a curved glass display, but to each his/her own..

In the current oversaturated Indian Smartphone market, you can't go wrong with the Motorola Edge 40 Neo.

Top Bottom