Resolution problem in game

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
I am trying to play "terrorist takedown: war in colombia" on gma 950(intel 945g chipset).
i have a crt monitor which came with a assembled compaq model. It supports highest resolution of 1024*768 @60hz.
i normally keep the screen on 800*600 @ 85 hz.

now when i try to play this game , the screen goes black and it says "set monitor frequency lower...etc"

i know from my past experiences that it happens when game is trying to launch in a resolution greater than supported. I have resolved this type of problem earlier in some game by locating its settings.ini file and manually changing the resolution there but many games don't have this type of file.(this 1 too....)

So my question is how to force this game to launch into 800*600 or 1024*768. plz help guys....
Safe mode logging doesn't help.
Mods plz delete the other thread, made by mistake.

Last edited:

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Is the monitor by any chance Compaq MV520 .Had it once ... Well safe mode shud've done the trick ... Try seaching for any resolution patches for the game...

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
The problem is due to higher refresh rate than your monitor supports.
Try to delete the save games and the ini files.

OP
P

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
No savegames at all. Haven't been able to even see the intro screen.
In safe mode, game doesn't even launches.
Deleting .ini files didn't help. :(

PhB

Jughead!!!
I don't have that game so I might bd wrong, but try looking at the game's config file for the resolution and refresh rate. The config files are usually cfg or ini files and they are generally located in the game folder or your home directory. If this doesn't work, try lowering your refresh rate to 60hz.

OP
P

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
checked every .cfg and .ini file but couldn't find anything....
this is what i usually do in any other case

also tried command line parameters but no help...
also tried @ 60 hz....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom