Resident Evil : VILLAGE

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The next generation of survival horror rises in the form of Resident Evil Village, the eighth major entry in the Resident Evil series. With ultra-realistic graphics powered by the RE Engine, fight for survival as danger lurks around every corner.

Years after the tragic events of Resident Evil 7 biohazard, Ethan Winters has started over with his wife Mia, finally living in peace and putting the past behind them. However, Chris Redfield, the legendary hero from previous Resident Evil games, suddenly disrupts their life, throwing a devastated Ethan into a new and twisted nightmare in search of answers.

Genre: Survival Horror
Release Date: 2021 (Tentative)
Engine: RE Engine

Trailer:

Developer message:

I'm hyped :hyper: :

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like the lady is the new Mr. X/Nemesis, but not as scary.

Also the coin system seems to be replaced with the money system which I don't think is the right thing to do. Players will instinctively pick up all the money they will get while previously you could choose to go for coins based on what weapons or items you wanted.

The enemies don't seem as scary as the moulded from RE7. IMO the moulded were even more scary than the Baker family in RE7.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I used to like it when Resident Evil had this more modern artstyle than the fantasy one that they seem to be moving towards these days. Earlier it used to be viruses and mutants, now we have vampires and werewolves.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Change to FPS wasn't as bad IMO. Earlier TPS was required because the game had fixed camera angles. Now, with more flexible cameras being available, both TPS and FPS are viable.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Demo is out: Resident Evil Village Gameplay Demo on Steam

Edit: Releasing May 7th, so mark your calendars.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If it runs on Linux I don't play on Windows. Only if it's completely borked on Linux I will play on Windows.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
How are the gameplay mechanics? It's kinda weird that you now have sniper rifles and stuff.

Top Bottom