Require Email Client + Calendar Client

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Looking for a good Email Client and a Calendar client that would sync with Microsoft Office365/Exchange.
I tried thunderbird but it refused to work, probably because I need an app password ?
However, I am able to use default mail app on my mac without any issue (and without any app password), via exchange. Is there any mail client on linux that can use exchange ?

@Desmond David @whitestar_999

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I switched from KDE kubuntu to elementary. at 4k, KDE was very jittery it was really damn annoying. Hoping for good results with elementary..

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looking for a good Email Client and a Calendar client that would sync with Microsoft Office365/Exchange.
I tried thunderbird but it refused to work, probably because I need an app password ?
However, I am able to use default mail app on my mac without any issue (and without any app password), via exchange. Is there any mail client on linux that can use exchange ?

@Desmond David @whitestar_999
Have you tried any tutorial or something? I found this after a quick search, try it and see if it works for you: *www.systutorials.com/252208/how-to...h-office365-exchange-online-using-activesync/

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Thunderbird has two plugins that are paid, they work as expected on trial but would like to use 100% free software, ill try the above.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Nvidia has two drivers, one is Nouveau, which is an open source driver. It works well enough but performance is not very good for heavier tasks. Then there is the nvidia proprietary driver which performs way better. Check which driver is installed in your machine using: lspci | grep VGA

You should use the proprietary driver if you want to do heavy graphics rendering and gaming. You can get it from the following PPA: ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa

Install whichever is the latest driver available here. But you may have to remove the older version first.

Look up whatever is Elementary's official way to set up drivers first. Perhaps you might not even need to run any commands.

Edit: Found this link: HowTo: Install NVIDIA/AMD Driver in ElementaryOS, the official way it's from 2015 but might still be valid.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Seems like proprietary driver. Could you verify the same from the settings?

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Okay desmond, i managed to change nouveau drivers to nvidia proprietary.. Now my command gives me this

*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: GP104 [GeForce GTX 1080]
vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:26:00.0
version: a1
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=nvidia latency=0
resources: irq:50 memory:f6000000-f6ffffff memory:e0000000-efffffff memory:f0000000-f1ffffff ioport:e000(size=128) memory:c0000-dffff

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Thanks a lot desmond, now i can use KDE properly. Proprietary driver I am able to play 8k just fine.. :D
4k60 doesnt work well, but 30 fps both 4k and 8k look fine. I can live with that.
Now back to original question..
Let me figure out mail clients, will get back to you guys.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Thanks a lot desmond, now i can use KDE properly. Proprietary driver I am able to play 8k just fine.. :D
4k60 doesnt work well, but 30 fps both 4k and 8k look fine. I can live with that.
Now back to original question..
Let me figure out mail clients, will get back to you guys.
You said you were on elementary, right? You are running KDE on elementary?

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You said you were on elementary, right? You are running KDE on elementary?
no, i was about to skip to elementary, had live installed on a usb, then i read your suggestion to try to change drivers..
tried that and it fixed most of the choppiness..
Chromium can even play 4k60 now well

Top Bottom