gautam_dey66

Error 404
Guys, I Want A 2tb hard drive. My basic condition, it has to be reliable and durable. It doesn't matter whether it is internal or external but it has to be durable. I don't want my hard drive to die after a year or 16 months of usage. As I've read so many reviews of different users that their hard drive died after sometime of usage, I don't want that happening to me.
Please advice which one to buy and please provide a link of it if you can?

Renny

Padawan
Higher the capacity, higher the failure rate.
Stick to 1TB HDDs, be safe rather than sorry.

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Get one 1 TB WD Blue Edition. It would cost you around 4.3-4.5K, save some money while using 1 TB and then buy the same drive again. :)

OP
gautam_dey66

gautam_dey66

Error 404
^^ Get one 1 TB WD Blue Edition. It would cost you around 4.3-4.5K, save some money while using 1 TB and then buy the same drive again. :)

If those 2tb hd are unreliable how come manufacturers are creating 3tb & 4tb hd? As u said, those will have a high chance of failure. How manufacturers will over come this problem?
And I Really don't wanna spend 9k. Just want a single hard drive within my budget.

gameranand

Living to Play
If those 2tb hd are unreliable how come manufacturers are creating 3tb & 4tb hd? As u said, those will have a high chance of failure. How manufacturers will over come this problem?
And I Really don't wanna spend 9k. Just want a single hard drive within my budget.

Do you really think that they give rat's a$$ about your data ?? They are in here for business, they give you warranty for 2 years and then after 3 years HDD fails and you have to buy a new HDD which is good for them. Well I am suggesting you WD because its RMA service is real good, you can go for Segate and get 2 TB in the stated price but their ASS is not that good and I have heard about many complaints and several are in this forum as well.

Top Bottom