Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Its not possible, otherwise MS would provide it for downloading instead of those BIG 2-3 GB ISO images :D
For more information see following threads:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35420
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38050
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38596

S

SE><IE

Lemme give you a brief summary:
  1. It is scam
  2. Compressing 5000 copies of same file wont make the zip file 5000 times in size.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well i heared that KGB archiver can do it... but compressing it with a very very power full system would take days even weeks... same as with decopressing... cant say how true it is as my self havent tried it... but in either case its point less...

busyanuj

In the zone
saurav_cheeta said:
well i heared that KGB archiver can do it... but compressing it with a very very power full system would take days even weeks... same as with decopressing... cant say how true it is as my self havent tried it... but in either case its point less...

you mean to say taht the above archiver can actually compress 3 gigs of data into 1.44mb?

would you be kind enough to give us all an insight into the compression algorithm used?

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
theoretically given infinite time and resources, we can compress any amount of data to around 1mb.
Say you compress 1 gb to 700 mb. then again find common patterns with smaller block size and compress to 600 mb. Rinse and repeat. :)

But as for it being practical (and the technology available commercially), i am not so sure.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
It's not practical.

Otherwise, there wouldn't have been such advancements in optical disc formats, thereby swelling the capacity of data that could be accomodated on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom