Reporting a serious issue on my newly bought Lumia 820

Amithansda

Journeyman
Reporting a serious issue on my newly bought Lumia 820.
I had my phone sync with my FB,GMail and Hotmail account. Messenger and People Hub were working perfectly.

From yesterday I am unable to chat. In 'Messenger' hub it is not showing my online friends, also can not send a Facebook message since then.

But, my online feeds and notification is showing in People hub. So network is not an issue.

Googled it, seems like many people is facing this issue.

HUGE! Facebook Chat API Problem affecting Windows Phone and Skype - Windows Phone Central Forums

But none got a solution. Seems like only solution is to use some other app for online chat.
But that is a drag for me, as I would like to see my text and FB ims in same thread. That was whole point of 'Messaging' hub

Since then I have tried,

1.Restaring the Phone
2.Switching Data connection off and on
3.Turning Flight mode off an on,
4.Resyncing my Online accounts.

None of those work.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Built-in Facebook app for Windows phone is crap. It was designed by Microsoft. Even the standalone app is crap.

Facebook and Microsoft will upgrade those apps one day... Till then, use something else...

OP
Amithansda

Amithansda

Journeyman
Built-in Facebook app for Windows phone is crap. It was designed by Microsoft. Even the standalone app is crap.

Facebook and Microsoft will upgrade those apps one day... Till then, use something else...

Thanks for the reply.
Well, this morning I noticed that the issue has been fixed automatically, But then again it have started again. Then again got fixed.

May be problem lies in sync with FB chat service.

Noticed this problem in some android device too , like MMX A89,Galaxy Y.

Top Bottom