Reply URGENT Please - MoBo For AMD 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

adityainalps

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends,

I am taking a new computer with AMD 64 3000 , 160 GB SATA HDD, 1 GB RAM etc.

I am confused about motherboard. I am not too much into gaming, I play few games like NFS once a month.

I am more onto a Mobo with onborad graphics card & onboard good sound card.

TV OUT is MUST

(Please DO NOT suggest any other MoBo which requires an additional graphics card ) I think onboard graphics on given MoBo's here can play games good enough.

I have checked few sites & found following as good one.

MSI RS482M4
MSI K8NGM2-FID with Nvidia GeForce 6150 nForce 430
Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF with NVIDIA GeForce 6100 ( it seems this Mobo dont have TV Out, Am I right ? )

Please tel me which MoBo is good with all features I want ? Give ur views & Suggest me.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
go for the MSI K8NGM2-FID .. the Nvidia chipset is slightly better than the ATI chipset for onboard vga. but this board was not available some time back .. get hold of one and u r lucky.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Well, if TV-out is must then you can buy the following:

Asus A8N-VM CSM (Geforce 6150 chipset)
*in.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=766&l1=3&l2=15&l3=210

MSI RS-482-M4 (ATI Radeon Xpress 200 chipset)
*www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=693

Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF9 does not have TV-out, otherwise it is excellent feature-wise.

I recommend the Asus board...simply because of the Geforce chipset and also the name Asus signifies trust and stability and excellent after sales support.

OP
A

adityainalps

Hi Friens,

A8N-VM CSM (GeForce 6150 + nForce 430) does not have TV OUT. I dont know why everyone is saying me that.

I have checked detailed review here
*www.pcstats.com/ArtVNL.cfm?articleid=1898&page=1
Just check this there is no TV out in back panel pic.

Check last page too
*www.pcstats.com/ArtVNL.cfm?articleid=1898&page=15

At last, It says.

About the only thing to complain about is the lack of the TV/Component output connector. Officially it is sold separately, however trying to find that little module is difficult. That essentially rules the Asus A8N-VM CSM out of being used as the basis for a HTPC system. We would strongly encourage Asus to include the tiny TV Output bracket.

Any comments ?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
adityainalps said:
Hi Friens,

A8N-VM CSM (GeForce 6150 + nForce 430) does not have TV OUT. I dont know why everyone is saying me that.

Check last page too

At last, It says.

About the only thing to complain about is the lack of the TV/Component output connector. Officially it is sold separately, however trying to find that little module is difficult. That essentially rules the Asus A8N-VM CSM out of being used as the basis for a HTPC system. We would strongly encourage Asus to include the tiny TV Output bracket.

Any comments ?

TV-Out is optionally included in the package. Check the product homepage. Insist on the TV-out connector if your dealer is not including it by default.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Well, TV-out means that you can have the computer display on the television set. It is usually done by a TV-out cable from a port on the back of the graphics card or the display from the motherboard to the TV. The main use of this is perhaps giving ppt's to a group of people in a medium sized room, or perhaps some big screen gaming, if you have a large TV, or perhaps watching movies on TV while the CD/DVD is being played on the CD/DVD drive on the PC.

Usually this is more beneficial when people have very large screen TV/HDTV/Projection/LCD or the like where the resolution is very high. Otherwise normally the display on normal TV's is not so clear due to the default low resolution.

OP
A

adityainalps

digitized said:
adityainalps said:
Hi Friens,

Check last page too

At last, It says.

Any comments ?

TV-Out is optionally included in the package. Check the product homepage. Insist on the TV-out connector if your dealer is not including it by default.

Buddy Thanks for telling, I forgot to say, ASUS only do not include TV OUT Port, there is some connector which needs to be purcahsed from store, such connector is not available even in UK market. I dont know if someone keeps in India. You can check what pcstats link says.

Anywayz, I am almost about to cancell this Mobo from my list once i check the market.

Next in my list are,

MSI RS482M4-ILD
MSI K8NGM2-FID
Gigabyte PVMT-9

Any views on these 3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom