Replacement for ASUS Prime B350 Plus motherboard

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I have Ryzen 2200G, ASUS B350 Plus motherboard combination with 8x2 DDR4 RAM running desktop.

Recently I have been seeing USB device overcurrent situation message during boot and also in Windows but was able to mitigate it by disabling one, of the USBs in device manager.

Since yesterday it has progressed to no longer booting. It now shuts down within 15 seconds with the above message.

Please suggest a replacement motherboard considering that I would probably upgrade to a 5700G a month or two later.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
how old is that motherboard?

Try gigabyte b450m ds3h v2

I have ordered it from Clarion Computers. They called and said V2 is not available but regular with updated BIOS is. They said the only difference is in BIOS and as the company has updated BIOS in all versions, now it is alright. I have agreed and hope things will be OK.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I got the Gigabyte B450M DS3H delivered. The package contains motherboard and 2 SATA cables. No screws, cable ties included in the package. Is this normal? But at least the M2 slot seems to have a securing screw in place.

@quicky008

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I have installed the Gigabyte motherboard yesterday. It is at least 1 inch smaller in size compared to previous ASUS hence I had to change the location of motherboard stand-offs. Also it has only 1 chassis fan header. It does not have any LEDs that light up on power until power button is pressed so it is difficult to know if power is actually arriving to motherboard or not in case it does not turn on.

Any modifications to BIOS settings results in 3 long beeps and another long beep before next boot, then a reboot and then normal boot. Quite complicated.

You can't expect a lot from a cheap mobo honestly. Still, read its manual, check some videos online for any queries you have.

I had to search a bit online to figure out how to enable SAM equivalent.

quicky008

Technomancer
I have installed the Gigabyte motherboard yesterday. It is at least 1 inch smaller in size compared to previous ASUS hence I had to change the location of motherboard stand-offs. Also it has only 1 chassis fan header. It does not have any LEDs that light up on power until power button is pressed so it is difficult to know if power is actually arriving to motherboard or not in case it does not turn on.

Any modifications to BIOS settings results in 3 long beeps and another long beep before next boot, then a reboot and then normal boot. Quite complicated.
atleast consider yourself fortunate that you are still getting mobos for 3-4 year old platforms even today-if it was an intel cpu,the story would have been completely different.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Yeah, I know. I had my previous system (AM2) begin with an ASUS motherboard, then BIOSTAR then no-name chinese motherboard until the day I shifted to this Ryzen. The same thing seems to be repeating here.

Top Bottom