Reliable Laptop for Basic Tasks , 40K (Lenovo Z580 vs Inspiron 15R)

TheLetterD

Will Power
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
GBP (British Pounds) 500 = Roughly Rs. 42000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, HP
b. Dislike: -

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Microsoft Word, Email, Internet Browsing.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Matte preferable, not necessary.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

Im looking for a Laptop for someone who wants it to be reliable, fast and have great build quality.
Itll be bought either from the PC World stores in the UK, Amazon UK or Ebay UK.

The Laptop should preferably be a Windows 7 one. Unfortunately I cant find lots of them.

My other requirements are a Core i5 3rd generation with integrated graphics OR a Core i5 2nd generation with a dedicated graphic card.

I had a few questions too:
Will the integrated HD4000 graphics be good enough if Im not planning to play any games on it or will it bottleneck the CPU's performance?
Im not sure if thats even possible but still.

Here are a few ones Ive shortlisted : Lenovo Z580 , Dell Inspiron 15R

Any other suggestions?
If no, which one out of these two will be better? Please note the Laptop should last a while (3-4 years)

And I need to buy it ASAP(2-3 Days MAX.) so please help me out!
Thankyou. :-D

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
The models are evenly matched, except the Lenovo has more RAM. From my personal experience the Lenovo will have better build quality than the 15R and will have a far better audio set up through Dolby. I would suggest the Lenovo over the Dell

HD4000 is good enough if you dont plan high level gaming

dsmarty

Journeyman
Lenovo Z580. I have one and its awesome. :D
And HD 4000 is great. You can play latest games in it. It plays skyrim with no lag.

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hello!
Sorry for bringing old thread back to life, just wanted to thank everyone and let them know which one I went for!
I went for THIS! Core i7, 8 Gigs of RAM, ATI 7670m dedicated graphic card, for 550 Pounds!!! :D (Roughly 48K)
Great Deal right??? :D

Top Bottom