regarding G skill 1600 Mhz ram

vjain

Broken In
Hello,
Forgive me for my stupidity.I have a question,i just purchased a I-7 2600k along with a P8z77 mpro.
The question is i have 6 gb of 1333 mhz ram,now can i buy like 1 4gb G skill 1600 Mhz ram and use both in the same machine.

Thanks and regards

Please consider it urgent.

kisame

King of Heroes
They can be used but both will run at 1333MHz.
Would suggest u to buy ram with same frequency and latency as 6gb one.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Install other RAM in the adjacent slot and configure both of them to run at different speed in the BIOS if Intel XMP do not do everything on its own.

But remember, you can't add any more RAM having different speed. Either you need to buy 1333MHz or 1600MHz RAM module and add them in the appropriate channel.

OP
V

vjain

Broken In
Thanks for the replies,I bought another 2 gb 1333 mhz ram.So i have a total of 4 2gb rams,which eventually i will sell and upgrade to gskill 1600 mhz ram.
The assembler could not find gskill ripjaws 1600 mhz anywhere in bangalore,something tough for me to digest.:(

Thanks again

They can be used but both will run at 1333MHz.
Would suggest u to buy ram with same frequency and latency as 6gb one.

Install other RAM in the adjacent slot and configure both of them to run at different speed in the BIOS if Intel XMP do not do everything on its own.

But remember, you can't add any more RAM having different speed. Either you need to buy 1333MHz or 1600MHz RAM module and add them in the appropriate channel.

Top Bottom