Redmi 3s vs Redmi 3s Prime ?

Sparky19

Broken In
Hello guys,

I am not filling in the questionnaire because i have already decided on the phone as per my requirements. This query is regarding the model i must opt for, btw 3s and prime. Basically there are 3 differences - Fingerprint sensor, RAM and Storage.

(*) Storage - I can live with 16gb storage. Not an issue.

(*) Finger print sensor - Prefer a front sensor. Since this is a rear one, I can live without it. Again not an issue.

Now the main query - 3gb RAM or 2gb RAM

Yes, i prefer the 3gb RAM. But if the 2gb version is good enough then i would love to save the extra bucks. Can the Redmi users confirm the free RAM available in both the variants and how snappy they are and about multitasking ? Will i be compromising on a lot if i opt for the lower variant ? For the record i am just a normal user and not a heavy gamer.

Please leave your feedback on the RAM management of the two models. And help me decide coz i ll be buying one in the next flash sale.

Thank you

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Using a 2GB Redmi Note 3 and I can say that for normal usage it's not an issue and I am a bit of a power user and I can multitask between 4-5 apps easily

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

OP
S

Sparky19

Broken In
Using a 2GB Redmi Note 3 and I can say that for normal usage it's not an issue and I am a bit of a power user and I can multitask between 4-5 apps easily

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

I am told that MIUI is heavy. Could you please share the amount of free RAM available when no applications are running ? And do apps refresh on reload while multitasking and switching ?

jodo_c

Broken In
Out of 16gb only you get 10.5gb for me thats less. And in Redmi 3s approx 1.1gb was free out of 2gb Only whatsapp and shareit was installed apart from the inbuilt apps.

OP
S

Sparky19

Broken In
Out of 16gb only you get 10.5gb for me thats less. And in Redmi 3s approx 1.1gb was free out of 2gb Only whatsapp and shareit was installed apart from the inbuilt apps.

10 gb internal storage is good enough for me. My only concern is the RAM management. 1gb free RAM seems sufficient i guess on MIUI ? Can you please share your experience with regard to multitasking and app reloads.

jodo_c

Broken In
Well I bought this phone for a uncle so I used it for 1 week. So can't comment much. I found the phone smooth but then again there wasn't many apps installed. Wait for sm1 to comment who has used for more time with lots of apps installed.
MIUI on other hand I have used on Mi4i not personally but my brother had it. It is very smooth with lots of apps installed (Whatsapp,Insta,fb,Hike etc multitasking) so I think you will be okay. If still you doubt I think you should go with 3gb ram version.

On another note I have used Nexus 4 for more than a year which had 2 gb ram. And I had almost 25-30 apps installed. I used to multi task a lot and found no lag whatsoever but then agian it Nexus 4 with stock rom.

Hope this help u in ur decision. :p :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
10 gb internal storage is good enough for me. My only concern is the RAM management. 1gb free RAM seems sufficient i guess on MIUI ? Can you please share your experience with regard to multitasking and app reloads.

You won't faces issues with 2GB RAM in Redmi 3S unless u install HD graphics games on it.

Top Bottom