Recovering Data from a near Dead HDD

gameranand

Living to Play
I use 3 HDDs. All of them are of 2 TB each, 1 is WD Green Edition and 2 of them are WD Black Edition. One of the Black Edition HDD was gone corrupt or something so it was not able to install any OS on itself. And When I installed the OS on the other Drive then I was not able to get in the OS with that Drive connected but there was a lot of data in that Drive so I decided to go the twisted way to Get that Data. I am sharing the process so that it could help someone in the same situation.

1. Installed the OS on other Drive
2. Booted in the OS with the Faulty Drive disconnected.
3. While in OS and PC running connected that faulty Drive in the Computer.
4. It took about 15-20 Minutes for Windows to detect that Drive and Show in Windows Explorer but it Finally showed.
5. I had 5 Partitions in the faulty Drive and 4 among them are shown in Windows Explorer.
6. I am able to copy the Data from the Faulty Drive but the problem is that copy speed are too low like 1 MBps or sometimes lesser but atleast I can get the data back.

I have confirmed that the data recovered are in good condition even the large files and I am able to use them without any issues, the copying process is still ongoing.

Also Windows in not showing one Partition so please suggest some method if you know to recover the data from that drive, I'll try Linux also but more suggestions are still welcome. :)

Top Bottom