Recommendations for Mainstream 15inch Laptop

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
1) What is your budget?

INR45000 Maximum, the lesser the better (looking at the work, I think even a 30000 one will be sufficient)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Microsoft Word for typing Court Petitions, browsing with multiple tabs open - usually 3-5 of facebook and one playing some streaming video plus 2-3 of some court related sites.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

would prefer one with 8GB RAM & SSD or one in which RAM & ssd can be added immediately even if by the company people itself.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

No. whichever brand is the best at present.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Screen resolution - would prefer full hd or whatever is best available
Battery back up - Normal
Preferable - Lucknow / Local, online if a lot of difference is there

some models are offered with genuine MS Office, would prefer if that is value for money.

using Lenovo ideapad 320-15IAP 80XR (Intel Pentium N4200 processor, 4GB DDR3L 1600Mhz, 1TB HDD & Windows 10 Home 64.) for over 3 1/2 years but now she finds it slow because sister now works quite fast compared to 3 years back. also this one is quite old so getting one now is better while this is working.

Thanks.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
For that, BX500 makes more sense and you don't need a laptop cooler, just replace the thermal paste with a quality one.

Sent from my Poco X3 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
For that, BX500 makes more sense and you don't need a laptop cooler, just replace the thermal paste with a quality one.

Sent from my Poco X3 Pro using Tapatalk
Ok, will check that tomorrow. Initially when I found it oos, I was thinking of getting a nvme gen 3 to replace my computer's mx500 and use it in laptop.
I am looking for a laptop stand or one with cooling fan as it is switched on for 10-15 hours. When it is opened for the first time for ram upgrade, it will be cleaned and then it might stop heating much.
Thanks.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
decided to get bx500 from amazon.
any specific brand to look for the caddy (ranging from 149 to 976 on amazon) or all of them are local?

regarding RAM, there is only one SLOT and it is already used by the existing 4gb one. may go for 8gb simmtronics, available for 2200 or if samsung 8gb gets available online then will try that.
thanks.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
got both - BX500 & Storite Caddy. backside and sides of caddy has this blue plastic film on it but the front doesn't have. i am thinking of removing it as i feel this was for initial protection. same for the stickers in the front. is it ok?
cloned the system partitions and booted it but i felt the battery is draining very fast. anything wrong? some people have mentioned about a dip switch but i couldn't find anything like that.

@whitestar_999 @omega44-xt @SaiyanGoku @RumbaMon19

IMG_20211102_184944370.jpg

IMG_20211102_184954955.jpg

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
cloned the system partitions and booted it but i felt the battery is draining very fast. anything wrong? some people have mentioned about a dip switch but i couldn't find anything like that.
That dip switch is only for older/peculiar models & facing issues.
*forum.notebookreview.com/threads/second-hdd-caddy-with-a-flip-switch.739486/

Not sure about battery draining, check in task manager what is the avg disk usage & processor usage. It may be that windows is settling in after cloning resulting in temporarily high processor/disk usage for some time.

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
in windows, highest battery is consumed by bitdefender free. i will try to check it with more number of statrt and shutdown if it normalizes.

123hero

In the zone
using Lenovo ideapad 320-15IAP 80XR (Intel Pentium N4200 processor, 4GB DDR3L 1600Mhz, 1TB HDD & Windows 10 Home 64.) for over 3 1/2 years but now she finds it slow because sister now works quite fast compared to 3 years back.
Hahaha, this was funny NGL. :clap2: :clap2:

Are humans becoming faster than computers ??

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Hahaha, this was funny NGL. :clap2: :clap2:

Are humans becoming faster than computers ??
sir, please apply some commonsense. when a person starts using something not known, that person does it very slowly carefully but after some time, when the same person comes to know / learns about more aspects of the same, then the same person starts doing things in a much faster manner plus might do multitasking in a computer as a result of which the same slow speed which was not of much importance due to slow working of the same person becomes a hindrance now.
i don't know about your experience but personally i have seen many such examples. let me tell you my first such example i saw in 1995, when some people in India used to work on a 2 floppy disk drive 8088 based computers using MS-DOS (it was a luxury then), i saw someone opening EX (a DOS based financial accounting software) - he wrote command to open it and before the software was shown on the screen, he kept pressing keyboard keys (at least 10-15 keystrokes) even when the screen was blank. after some time i noticed that the software was open and it was on 4th screen (from main screen) in the software. it was done because that person's job was on working on EX only which he was doing regularly so he knew all keys to open different options. i was completely flabbergasted then because then my computer knowledge was too limited. let's hope you too will experience much more in life to enhance your experience. thanks.

123hero

In the zone
sir, please apply some commonsense. when a person starts using something not known, that person does it very slowly carefully but after some time, when the same person comes to know / learns about more aspects of the same, then the same person starts doing things in a much faster manner plus might do multitasking in a computer as a result of which the same slow speed which was not of much importance due to slow working of the same person becomes a hindrance now.
i don't know about your experience but personally i have seen many such examples. let me tell you my first such example i saw in 1995, when some people in India used to work on a 2 floppy disk drive 8088 based computers using MS-DOS (it was a luxury then), i saw someone opening EX (a DOS based financial accounting software) - he wrote command to open it and before the software was shown on the screen, he kept pressing keyboard keys (at least 10-15 keystrokes) even when the screen was blank. after some time i noticed that the software was open and it was on 4th screen (from main screen) in the software. it was done because that person's job was on working on EX only which he was doing regularly so he knew all keys to open different options. i was completely flabbergasted then because then my computer knowledge was too limited. let's hope you too will experience much more in life to enhance your experience. thanks.
sorry, if it offended you. it was a genuine comment and i thought it was funny. I dont intend to mock anyone

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
sorry, if it offended you. it was a genuine comment and i thought it was funny. I dont intend to mock anyone
nothing is to sorry and it didn't offend me as i have been continuously having my share of experience but it might offend someone. so imho it would be better for you as well to choose your words wisely and the manner in which you react. i know some people who would have started a fight hearing the same. if we want and ready to learn, time and experience tells us not to react instantly on everything but have a second look from the point of the other side and then react. thanks.

Top Bottom