Recommendations for building a mini PC

kunalgrover05

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Home headless server, will run: Syncthing for backup, Home assistant for local control, Jellyfin for 1080p streaming
Additionally, will run an NVR with 4 cameras @1080p 15FPS and want to do fast object detection so want to extend with an Nvidia graphic card or Coral accelerator

Should run with low power and should be compact.

Possible alternatives:
  • Rpi 8GB with Coral USB accelerator - Disadvantage only supports USB expansion, no M2 slot
  • ODYSSEY – X86J4125800 - Advantage 2 M2 slots, Disadvantage: A little expensive

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
20k for PC, will extend for GPU solution

3. Planning to overclock?
No, would prefer running the CPU cool

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ubuntu

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
120GB SSD
1TB SSD external

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
No, headless setup

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?

NA

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Never built but can assemble

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Bangalore. Open to buying online / SP road

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
NA

Nerevarine

Incarnate
RPI too underpowered for your task, build a mini itx or micro atx rig with an i3.
If I were you, id also be looking at second hand i5/i7s.

No idea on those small systems, but those are very underpowered in general. Maybe look for used PC parts, check techenclave or some FB groups (even this seems better than olx these days)

Top Bottom