Recommendation for a Cad/Revit/3ds Max and Gaming Rig: Budget 95k

sahil2010

Broken In
Recommendation for a Cad/Revit/Lumion 3d and Gaming Rig: Budget 95k

Hello everyone,

I'm Building 3 PCs for my Architectural Design firm. The main use of this is for running AutoCad 2D, Revit , Lumion 3d (a game engine requiring Gaming card)and Adobe Programs.
Unfortunately Looks of the PC > function in this case.Budget is 95k max per PC

I've put together a configuration which looks like this.

CPU: Intel core I7-2600K 3.4 GHz- -----------------------------17.5k
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3-------------------------15k
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB X 2 CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9-----3.3k
500GB SATA HDD (Seagate)-------------------------------------4.2k
Corsair Gaming Series GS600 PSU <--need the blue LED-----4k
Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23" Monitor with LED----------------14k
Graphics: Waiting for kepler to launch. will decide later.
Samsung/lg/asus dvd writer---------------------------------------1k
NZXT Phantom 410 White <--this is absolutely Required-----6k
Razer Tron Mouse Mat bundle<--eye candy purposed only------6k
Razer Tron Keyboard <-----------eye candy again----------------7.4k

Total for all this without Graphics is 78.4k

The items in bold are totally eye candy ...useless in reality but essential in my case....hope you get my point.

Anyways this is what my local dealer quoted me.
I have some questions for my fellow forum members.
- Is there any component which needs to be changed.
-Are the prices I have been quoted alright ?
- Can you please suggest Blue LED fans and Blue LED sticks which are compatible with the cabinet?
-My Budget is max 95k (already overstretched), But I need that specific Cabinet, Keyboard and mouse and I've kept 15k for Graphics, What is the best Configuration I can get from the remaining 60k.

Looking forward to your replies,
Thanks
Sahil.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no offence sahil2010 but this:
I'm Building 3 PCs for my Architectural Design firm. The main use of this is for running AutoCad, Revit, 3ds Max, Lumion and Adobe Programs.
&
Unfortunately Looks of the PC > function in this case.
are contradictory & making the title of your thread "Recommendation for a Cad/Revit/3ds Max and Gaming Rig: Budget 95k" misleading.professional 3d architects need quadro/firepro cards which are useless for gaming while gaming cards are just ok for such applications but definitely not recommended for professional uses.

about your config it is good for looks & gaming(assuming you install a gaming card)but if you install a quadro in this config then it is neither a great gaming rig nor a good 3d rendering rig.

OP
S

sahil2010

Broken In
no offence sahil2010 but this:

&

are contradictory & making the title of your thread "Recommendation for a Cad/Revit/3ds Max and Gaming Rig: Budget 95k" misleading.professional 3d architects need quadro/firepro cards which are useless for gaming while gaming cards are just ok for such applications but definitely not recommended for professional uses.

about your config it is good for looks & gaming(assuming you install a gaming card)but if you install a quadro in this config then it is neither a great gaming rig nor a good 3d rendering rig.

I'm sorry for the confusion

One of my main task is Using Autodesk Revit (which has gone direct 3d since the recent versions and Graphics Card doesnt really matter there)
The other main task is using Lumion 3D <- This is essentially a Game engine tuned for realtime rendering which runs fully on the GPU. Gaming card is required for that. Usage of 3ds max < usage of Lumion 3d. hence the gaming card instead of the Quadro. 3ds Max is gonna not used for rendering.

In short
CPU for Revit
GPU for Lumion 3d

As far as the budget goes its 95k for each of the 3 PC.

Thanks for pointing that out. Hope that clears the confusion
Gonna edit the main post.
Thanks again
Sahil

Top Bottom