Recommend Laptop for 30k

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Hi all,
Digitians,

In search for a good laptop aligning to these points below

1 ) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
INR 30,000/-

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

14" or 15"

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Browsing, A bit of image editing using Photoshop, watching movies, MS Office works

4 Any typical configuration in your mind you're eyeing for ?
Need recommendations aligned to (3) - using i5 currently

5) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

No likes or dislikes since I have got two of my past laptops with recommendations and research through this forum.
After Care Service is a priority

DELL Studio 15 and ASUS K53S. Both were decent laptops initially which went on to give me trouble with frequent servicing

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Good screen resolution and 4 hours of battery backup
Can buy online if it's a better deal. [hope all models receive the same warranty on online purchase ]. How to get warranty extended if buying online?

PS : There is another thread on my ASUSK53 Service issues. Any recommendations there would be appreciated. :)

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
How good is Lenovo in the laptop space since I am tired of running to service centres? And after sales service?
I'm using a 7-8 year old Lenovo R61. Never actually required to ask for service. And post warranty, only thing which required replacement was Thermal Paste and dust cleaning (DIY :wink: )

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Lenovo G50-45 with Quad core A8, 1 TB HDD and 8 GB ram.

Buy Lenovo G50-45 80E300FSIN 15.6-inch Laptop (AMD APU A8/8GB/1TB/Windows 8.1/ATI JET LE R5 M230 2GB Graphics/with Laptop Bag) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Saiyan Goku , This one is costing 35.24K

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Wait for this to get back in stock:
Lenovo G50-45 Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (80E300FSIN) Rs.29990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo G50-45 Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (80E300FSIN) SIlver Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Or check it out locally.

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Wait for this to get back in stock:
Lenovo G50-45 Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (80E300FSIN) Rs.29990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo G50-45 Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (80E300FSIN) SIlver Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Or check it out locally.

SaiyanGoku, Can this machine/processor handle image editing ? If yes, then it looks like a deal

Secondly, I was checking with a local guy who complained much on the After Sales Service of Lenovo compared to Dell which he recommended ( for ASS). Is that a worry?

Further I have slightly increased budget and thought of two options

Lenovo - Core i5-4210U/4GB/1TB/DOS/

Buy Lenovo 59-442264 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5-4210U/4GB/1TB/DOS/with Laptop Bag), Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

or

Dell Inspiron 3543 - (Core i5 5th Gen/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Ubuntu)
Dell 3543 Inspiron (Notebook) (Core i5 5th Gen/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Ubuntu) (3543541TBiS) Rs.38900 Price in India - Buy Dell 3543 Inspiron (Notebook) (Core i5 5th Gen/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Ubuntu) (3543541TBiS) SIlver Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

Any recommendations?

Top Bottom