Recommend a PC Config based on 5950x budget within 2 lakhs

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
@billamama Hp omen 15 has just come down to 104k. If you can't wait for components to arrive in India then you should grab this deal for now and build a pc around summer next year.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Those are sane prici

@billamama Hp omen 15 has just come down to 104k. If you can't wait for components to arrive in India then you should grab this deal for now and build a pc around summer next year.
HP OMEN 15 Ryzen 7 Octa Core 5800H - (16 GB/1 TB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/144 Hz) 15-en1036AX Gaming Laptop Rs.139990 Price in India - Buy HP OMEN 15 Ryzen 7 Octa Core 5800H - (16 GB/1 TB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/144 Hz) 15-en1036AX Gaming Laptop Mica Silver Online - HP : Flipkart.com{ifdyn:dyn}pla&tgi=sem,1,G,11214002,o,search,,,,e,,c,,,,,{aceid},,&ef_id=:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!739!3!!e!!o!4579465931567248!
Max memory support 16gb / 32gb?

Sadly no this is 16gb only.
@omega44-xt they are giving 15000 discount for buying 7 items. How does this work?
Dude, RAM is upgradable. It likely has 2x8GB sticks as that's enough for majority of people. You can invest on 2x16GB sticks & sell off stock RAM.

Check the T&C & eligible items for that offer, its useless.

HP OMEN 15 Ryzen 7 Octa Core 5800H - (16 GB/1 TB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/144 Hz) 15-en1036AX Gaming Laptop Rs.139990 Price in India - Buy HP OMEN 15 Ryzen 7 Octa Core 5800H - (16 GB/1 TB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060/144 Hz) 15-en1036AX Gaming Laptop Mica Silver Online - HP : Flipkart.com{ifdyn:dyn}pla&tgi=sem,1,G,11214002,o,search,,,,e,,c,,,,,{aceid},,&ef_id=:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!739!3!!e!!o!4579465931567248!
Max memory support 16gb / 32gb?
Should support 2x16GB, even 2x32GB sticks.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Dude, RAM is upgradable. It likely has 2x8GB sticks as that's enough for majority of people. You can invest on 2x16GB sticks & sell off stock RAM.

Check the T&C & eligible items for that offer, its useless.
Upgradability is not mentioned on hp website but it is on amazon.
And it is 32gb max not 64.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
@billamama Asus pro art studio 16 oled is a great laptop that fits your use case. It will have upto ryzen 5900hx and rtx 3070 (110w) and upgradable to 64gb ram if you feel you are going to max out the ram. This config might be above 200k. The base variant starts at 169k. Asus will start selling it in jan as well.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Sadly no this is 16gb only.
@omega44-xt they are giving 15000 discount for buying 7 items. How does this work?
you can see the discount yourself if you add 7 or more items to your cart, you can get even more than 40% on the individual item. but the problem is you have to arrange/gather other buyers from your friend circle/group/students/relatives :)

Last edited:
you can see the discount yourself if you add 7 or more items to your cart, you can get even more than 40% on the individual item. but the problem is you have to arrange/gather other buyers from your friend circle/group/students/relatives :)
That many people buying a laptop, not possible for most in general public.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
That many people buying a laptop, not possible for most in general public.
I know it is quite late but couldn't manage to build the recommended PC Config due to budget problem
Bought Asus GeForce ROG Strix Gaming RTX 3060 V2 OC LHR 12GB GDDR6 192-bit Gaming Graphics Card few days back
Now please recommend other components like CPU, MOBO, PSU, RAM, Cabinet, Cooler based on it for PP, AE / DaVinci Resolve, Blender /3Ds Max /Maya
Building from Scratch So can choose any platform Intel / AMD

Actually I tried to buy a Laptop (HP OMEN) during Big Billion Day Sale, Due to technical glitch the order couldn't be placed and my money got stuck, however seller returned it after 1 week when the Sale ended and the product become out of stock, thats why I am leaning again for PC Built and trying to arrange all components as quick as possible

Last edited:
I know it is quite late but couldn't manage to build the recommended PC Config due to budget problem
Bought Asus GeForce ROG Strix Gaming RTX 3060 V2 OC LHR 12GB GDDR6 192-bit Gaming Graphics Card few days back
Now please recommend other components like CPU, MOBO, PSU, RAM, Cabinet, Cooler based on it for PP, AE / DaVinci Resolve, Blender /3Ds Max /Maya
Building from Scratch So can choose any platform Intel / AMD

Actually I tried to buy a Laptop (HP OMEN) during Big Billion Day Sale, Due to technical glitch the order couldn't be placed and my money got stuck, however seller returned it after 1 week when the Sale ended and the product become out of stock, thats why I am leaning again for PC Built and trying to arrange all components as quick as possible
Just make a new thread IMO with filled questionnaire. R9 7950X is the new king of CPUs, doubt i9 13900K will push it out. Wait 1 month if you can for B650 mobos, else anyways with 170k budget, 7950X rig might be possible, need to check myself.

How much did you get the GPU for? Ideally, you should buy parts together to check everything at once, unless you get a steal deal.

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone
Just make a new thread IMO with filled questionnaire. R9 7950X is the new king of CPUs, doubt i9 13900K will push it out. Wait 1 month if you can for B650 mobos, else anyways with 170k budget, 7950X rig might be possible, need to check myself.

How much did you get the GPU for? Ideally, you should buy parts together to check everything at once, unless you get a steal deal.
34k on No Cost EMI

OP
billamama

billamama

In the zone

Ok, Going to make a new thread with filled questionnaire

Top Bottom