Reason for increased vibration in TVS Wego?

srdigit16

In the zone
For the past 5 days I feel more vibration in the footboard of my 2013 Wego. A nearby mechanic says it usually happens in gearless scooters after few years due to week shock absorbers. Is there any other reasons for this? Is it possible to fix this?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
My father's 10 year old Activa is surely not in a good condition w.r.t vibrations. Aging leads to wear & tear of many parts.
Currently the scooter doesn't have floormat. Will adding a new one help reduce the vibration?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

khalil1210

In the zone
Do you get vibrations on plain road?

Do you get it on very low speed ( while starting the bike ) or in slow moving traffic.

Do you get your bike serviced.? Have you asked any mechanic,. I have activa 3g, some times my bike gives vibrations when it is running on very low speed. I tell to the service person, they resolve it. Bike works fine.

Not sure what exactly they fix. I am suspecting it is bearings or tyre is old

Check this once.

*www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/136276-honda-dio-vibrations-60-a.html

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
Do you get vibrations on plain road?

Do you get it on very low speed ( while starting the bike ) or in slow moving traffic.

Do you get your bike serviced.? Have you asked any mechanic,. I have activa 3g, some times my bike gives vibrations when it is running on very low speed. I tell to the service person, they resolve it. Bike works fine.

Not sure what exactly they fix. I am suspecting it is bearings or tyre is old

Check this once.

*www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/136276-honda-dio-vibrations-60-a.html

In low speed is doesn't exactly feel like vibration, but something is going on under the footboard, it progressively increases to vibration as I increase speed (felt more in right side of footboard) though there is no feeling of scooter going out of control.

khalil1210

In the zone
Ask your mechanic to check these three - belt, clutch shoe and roller

Also check if your tries are not worn out

I remember this from a old video:

jaleel

Broken In
Check the tyre condition for any damage, I have the WEGO for past 6 years(similar issue resolved in last month)

Top Bottom