Real Player - MP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlan77

Right off the assembly line
Dear Members,

This is a recurring problem which I have been having, whenever I play music from my music folder in real player especially Mp3 files in real player.

My laptop just cannot handle it, and the music starts looping and then the laptop hangs and I get a blue screen which says among other things as in if this is the first time you are seeing this, check your software installations etc,, and then says “Dumping Physical Memory” and with the completion of physical memory dump, my computer restarts,

And here is the message which I get -

Windows cannot find the file :
*oca.microsoft.com/resredir.aspx?si...&State=0&LCID=1033&os=5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0
Make sure you have typed the name correctly & then try again. To search for a file, Click on the start button, and then click search

And then I get the error reporting window which says that my system has recovered from a serious error, would I like to report it and when I go for a yes,, the reporting is completed and I am directed to this Microsoft link ,,

*wer.microsoft.com/responses/Respon...SGD=be255066-7204-4684-9796-706cb45312dc#here

My system configuration (from my computer – properties) is as follows :

HP Compaq nx6310 Laptop

Windows XP Professional Ver. 2002
Service Pack 3
Genuine Intel ® CPU
T2300 @ 1.66 GHz
1.66 GHz, 1.99GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

Can anyone please tell me the reason for this,, is the best solution that I never use Real player to play MP3s,, I like real player as I can make playlists easily in it.

Yours Sincerely,

Amlan Dutta
Bhubaneswar
Orissa

PS : nothing ever happens and everything is normal when I play MP3s in Media Player Classic :???:

mittyr

silentFOX
I would suggest getting rid of "RealPlayer". Worst player for playback (audio/video) to add.

Try "foobar2000" or "Winamp". foobar2000 is wat i use, plays almost all audio formats that exists.

If U really need to play RealMedia files, get external codecs like "Real Alternative".

OP
A

amlan77

Right off the assembly line
Thank you, i think you are right, no i dont need to play real media files,, so dont really need Real Player, though it is good for downloading streaming videos from the net (e.g. You Tube) but it is not good for playing MP3,,,

Why didnt i think of Winamp before, thanks once again,, I think i will be more comfortable with Winamp,,, :)

mittyr

silentFOX
@amlan77

For download "YouTube" videos, you can try/use "Orbit". Its very good at catching flash based.

If you use Firefox, there are nice add-on options for downloading streaming content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom