noob

Cyborg Agent
Anyone tried this ?

ReactOS® is a free, modern operating system based on the design of Windows® XP/2003. Written completely from scratch, it aims to follow the Windows-NT® architecture designed by Microsoft from the hardware level right through to the application level. This is not a Linux based system, and shares none of the unix architecture.

The main goal of the ReactOS project is to provide an operating system which is binary compatible with Windows. This will allow your Windows applications and drivers to run as they would on your Windows system. Additionally, the look and feel of the Windows operating system is used, such that people accustomed to the familiar user interface of Windows® would find using ReactOS straightforward. The ultimate goal of ReactOS is to allow you to remove Windows® and install ReactOS without the end user noticing the change.

Frontpage - ReactOS Website

vicky.new.geek

Right off the assembly line
ReactOS is not stable enough for most of the things. Well, I dont say you cant use notepad but then we need other things as well. Moreover, if we have windows, why would we want another 'Windows'? I mean windows too is available for free :p I did not like ReactOS.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Because not everyone wants to use pirated Windows like you. ReactOS is more like a Windows-like environment. It is under development, so you cannot expect too much from it for now.

Top Bottom