RE: INDIBLOGGER.IN - Financial Assistance Needed for a Friend's child

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
UPDATE: FOR NOW, WE ARE BEING TOLD THAT THE HOSPITAL HAS RECEIVED THE MUCH NEEDED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR THE HELP OF THE CHILD, SO, FOR NOW, CONTRIBUTIONS ARE NOT NEEDED. I'LL KEEP THIS THREAD UPDATED WITH LATEST NEWS OVER THIS.
PLEASE DO PRAY FOR THE WELL BEING OF THE CHILD AND HER FATHER WHO BOTH ARE GOING FOR THE SURGERY, AS THE FATHER WILL BE THE DONOR TO HIS BELOVED DAUGHTER!

I do hope that what I'm posting is not banned here on the forum. If it is, I'd request the mods to kindly delete this thread. Since I didn't find a section more suitable to post this thread, I'm posting it here. If there's a section more suitable than the current section, and if the thread doesn't flout any forum rules, I'd like to request the section mods to kindly do so at their will.

Source: IndiBlogger.in | Financial Assistance Needed for a Friend's child

This has been posted by Hemal Shah, a forum moderator at IndiBlogger.in, a community of Indian bloggers.

The community there on Indiblogger forum is showing a gesture of kindness towards this cause, with one of the members SanGee who recently won a MacBook Air in a contest, has arranged to get an equivalent cash amount, in lieu of the MacBook Air, to be donated to the family towards this cause.

I would like to request the community here too, to kindly act towards this cause, and contribute whatever they may. The details are there in the quoted post.

Hoping to get a good amount of response from the community towards this cause.

A friend of mine (Hardik Nagda) is currently facing a crisis in his family with his 5 months old daughter being diagnosed with Biliary Atresia with liver cirrhosis and is looking for Financial assistance to support the medical expenses.Biliary atresia, also known as "extrahepatic ductopenia" and "progressive obliterative cholangiopathy" is a congenital or acquired disease of the liver and one of the principal forms of chronic rejection of a transplanted liver allograft. As a birth defect in newborn infants, it has an occurrence of 1/10,000 to 1/15,000 cases in live births in the United States. In the congenital form, the common bile duct between the liver and the small intestineis blocked or absent. The acquired type most often occurs in the setting of autoimmune disease, and is one of the principal forms of chronic rejection of a transplanted liver allograft. (Source: Wikipedia)
*indianomics.co.in/wpr-content/uploads/2014/01/babydhrusti.jpg
Baby Drushti Nagda, has been suffering from Biliary Atresia with liver cirrhosis. She was admitted to Jaslok Hospital in Mumbai when she was just two months old & underwent a major operation called Kasai Surgery. Unfortunately, the surgery did not help and was termed a failure.
Now the baby has last stage liver disease with other complications like ascites (free fluid in stomach), Blood Flow in portal vein is reversed, Persistent Jaundice, Hernia etc. The only hope for her now is to get a Liver transplantation.
My friend Hardik Nagda has been successfully screened to be valid liver donor for Baby Drushti which is by far, the best news for his family in recent times. The plan is to undergo the transplant procedure at the Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bengaluru between 15-20 Feb 2014 .
The total cost of operation would be around INR 15 Lakhs, which includes the cost for "Donor" and "Receiver" surgery. Additionally, there would be an estimated post surgery hospitalization costs are estimated at a further INR 3-4 Lakhs.
At present, he was able to manage around 2 lakhs from friends and other family members however he still needs INR 17 Lakhs more. Hardik is the only breadwinner for the family, and Baby Drushti's previous hospitalization and surgery has already exhausted his financial resources. He is in desperate need of help.
And any contribution towards this cause would be heartily appreciated. Be it INR 100, 500, 1000 or more. Please do help Baby Drushti.
As per estimation letter, donations can be collected by hospital directly. If anyone is willing to send contributions directly to the Hospital, please make Cheque in favor of Narayan Hrudayalaya, Bangalore.
Please mention Patient ID (Pt.ID: 10020000656724 Baby Drushti Nagda) on back of the Cheque/DD.
Address: N H Health City No. 258/A,Bommasandra Industrial Area, Hosur Road, Anekal Taluk, Bangalore 560099, India Ph: +91 80 7122 2222 Fax: +91 80 2783 2648 Email ID: info@hrudayalaya.com
OR
If you would like to do Account Transfer Directly to the his Family you may do so by transfers (NEFT) to the below account:
Name: Hardik B. Nagda Bank: Bank of BarodaA/C number: 27870100008873 Branch: Dombivli WestIFSC code : BARB0DOMWES
Cell: Hardik Nagda: +91 9321111974 Email: hardik.nagda@gmail.com

Last edited:
Top Bottom