Ram Queries.

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
I bought a 4gb G.skill ripjaws x ram last year and i now plan to buy another 4gb.

How important is it that i buy the Exact same ram with the same timings and cas latencies?

And if it is important how do i find what timings and cas latency my existing ram has?

I used Cpu-z but i am unable to understand the exact timing and cas latency.

ram.PNG

I get that the DRAM Frequency is 1600 mhz (right>?)

I think the cas latency is 11-11-11-28 but the official g.skill website shows only two 4gb models with none of them having cas latencies higher than 9. Heres the official link *www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=31&prop_2=4GB+%284GBx1%29&prop_6=0&prop_3=0&prop_4=0&prop_1=0&series=264

I am a gamer (games like dark souls and witcher 3 ) who does a little video editing.

In short i just want to know which exact ram model should i buy ?

P.s I am sorry if i posted this in the wrong section,couldnt find any section related to RAM's

Thanking you
Nightfury

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I own the 12800 model of the RipjawsX and I can confirm that the 9-9-9-24 figures are correct. It's possible that the model you own could be an older model.

However, that should not be a problem. According to this thread, all the sticks will default to the slower among them and you should not notice any unstability issues.

Top Bottom