RAM Configurations in DX58SO + SSD Suggestion.

dkverma87

Broken In
Hi folks,

I've a DX58SO Board sporting a Intel i7-930 processor. This board support the triple-channel memory configuration and it can be achieved as shown in the below image.

ram config.png

I want to know that what will happen when I place 4 GB Ram DIMMs in Channel C & B and 2 GB Ram DIMMs in Channel A (DIMM 0, DIMM 1).

I'm asking this question because I want to upgrade the PC Ram in best possible and sufficient way. I'm gaming a lot and Multi-task (Chrome, Visual Studio, SQL Server, Windows Phone Developement, Photoshop etc.).

On more thing, Currently my system disk usage is 100% when I startup my PC. So it's good to go with a ADATA SP610 256 GB of SSD (Currently, I'm using ordinary Green WD 500TB Disk).

Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I want to know that what will happen when I place 4 GB Ram DIMMs in Channel C & B and 2 GB Ram DIMMs in Channel A (DIMM 0, DIMM 1).

you will loose support for the triple-channel memory configuration. it will work only i dual channel. I would advice you to use 3 x 4GB memory or else you will have crippled memory bandwidth.

- - - Updated - - -

On more thing, Currently my system disk usage is 100% when I startup my PC. So it's good to go with a ADATA SP610 256 GB of SSD (Currently, I'm using ordinary Green WD 500TB Disk).

SSDs certainly boosts system's start up and shut down speeds. getting an ssd is recommended especially since you are using a green drive as your OS drive

- - - Updated - - -

SSDs certainly boosts system's start up and shut down speeds. getting an ssd is recommended especially since you are using a green drive as your OS drive

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
1. By adding a fourth RAM your board will run in dual channel memory mode.
2. Add an SSD to boost your boot times like Samsung 850 EVO 250GB @ 8k

Top Bottom