RAM compatibility with GA-M68M-S2P

adikumar2010

Journeyman
I have a doubt, will Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2P motherboard

Work with my AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE processor
AND
2GB X 2 RAM - 4GB G.Skill PI Black F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B Dual Channel - DDR2 800Mhz -DIMM 240-pin

*i66.tinypic.com/2drv381.jpg

Please help as I am also confused about RAM because on official Gigabyte website I don't see this RAM model in memory support list but then their list is also not completely up to date.

quicky008

Technomancer
acc. to the specs of this mobo that are available on gigabyte's website,it should be compatible with the aforesaid cpu as well as ram.

quicky008

Technomancer
yeah it should work,but what exactly are you trying to do with these motherboards?are you building a new system or upgrading/replacing components on an existing one?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As per support link on gigabyte mobo page link phenom II X3 720 is supported & as I said earlier ram should be supported too.

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
As per support link on gigabyte mobo page link phenom II X3 720 is supported & as I said earlier ram should be supported too.
Thanks for quick reply brother

yeah it should work,but what exactly are you trying to do with these motherboards?are you building a new system or upgrading/replacing components on an existing one?
I have old gaming desktop which I am using currently for light stuff that I made back in 2009, its motherboard "Biostar TA790GX 128M" fried so I am thinking of changing motherboard instead of selling it for Rs.800 in Nehru Place. As the PSU Corsair 550VX, HDD and the cabinet is still in top condition.

I can get this MOBO for 3K from aliexpress as I have coupons, but my brother is insisting me to save 3K and sell this old rig for Rs.800 in Nehru Place.

I use PS4 now but I don't want to sell my old desktop as I might in future want a gaming rig again, for which I can use existing PSU, cabinet, HDD again.

My old PC from 2009 : Gaming Rig under 47k
(I did few extra upgrades over time to that when I made it, no point taking over it as its totally outdated these days and I can make this post super long telling you what all upgrades I did in last 10 years)

PS : I was a computer geek but last 6-7 years I got into professional poker that's why out of touch totally. I use to be in lot of pc forums since 2008. But then lot of members from back in 2010 are inactive now, now I am back in Tech mode.

quicky008

Technomancer
sell off the cpu and mobo if you dont need them-just retain the hdd,psu and the other essential components that you want to reuse later.

Also be careful while ordering stuff from aliexpress-make sure that you are buying from a trusted seller who has received good ratings from his customers.

Top Bottom