Qwerty Android Phones .. Need reviews

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey guys,

I was thinking of purchasing a slideout android qwerty phone like Samsung captivate glide. It is costing 130$ for the refurbished model and i will be importing it directly via someone , so its coming to 7.5k . I have few concerns though

(i) How good is the sliding out mechanism over a period of time say 1 year, Is it still robust or loose? I know it depends on the model, so if anyone has any experience regarding that, it would be great

(ii) How is the keyboard typing experience. I had used a Sharp PV300 in past(non android) and the keyboard was great. Good keys, fast typing, Large area.

Any other better qwerty phones than this? I really dont like blackberry qwerty's as i feel they are inferior to slide out qwertys due to lesser space. I also had Sharp fx plus in mind , but the screen size is lower(3.2 compared to Glide's 4')

Unlocked Samsung i927 Captivate Glide 8MP at T Android 4G Keyboard Smartphone 635753491807 | eBay

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
its basically a GS2 with a slide out keyboard. and it has some unofficial rom support in XDA too

Captivate Glide Android Development - xda-developers

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hey guys,

I was thinking of purchasing a slideout android qwerty phone like Samsung captivate glide. It is costing 130$ for the refurbished model and i will be importing it directly via someone , so its coming to 7.5k . I have few concerns though

(i) How good is the sliding out mechanism over a period of time say 1 year, Is it still robust or loose? I know it depends on the model, so if anyone has any experience regarding that, it would be great

(ii) How is the keyboard typing experience. I had used a Sharp PV300 in past(non android) and the keyboard was great. Good keys, fast typing, Large area.

Any other better qwerty phones than this? I really dont like blackberry qwerty's as i feel they are inferior to slide out qwertys due to lesser space. I also had Sharp fx plus in mind , but the screen size is lower(3.2 compared to Glide's 4')

Unlocked Samsung i927 Captivate Glide 8MP at T Android 4G Keyboard Smartphone 635753491807 | eBay

not worth, get a decent android phone and a bluetooth keyboard accessory instead,safer bet

- - - Updated - - -

and yeah wrong section like [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] said

Top Bottom