Questions about Vodafone Smart phone Questions[Rs. 3100]

Whistler81

The One and Only
Hi Guys,
My girlfriend just bought a Micromax Ninja 3 which is an awesome phone and its like I am now wanting/dying to buy a smart phone for myself. I currently use a Nokia C2-03 which is a piece of ****. So i search the internet and this Vodafone Smart strikes my curiosity. I have a few things I wanted to know before i decide on buying this phone. I am brand new to Android (keep that in mind).

1. According to the specs its a Android 2.2 device. How is is going to differ from the Micromax Ninja A3 which is a Android 2.3 device.

2. The Micromax Ninja A3 has Google Play will I be able to download apps from the Google Play market for my Vodafone Smart phone. Is there a way to get Google Play for this device.

3. Given that its a Android 2.2 device will I be able to download the newer apps on this phone in other words will all apps in the market be compatible with my phone.

4. Will it be possible to upgrade the OS in any way to the latest versions.

Also share what you think about this phone. Should I go for it ? Welcome to share anything at all. If you have this phone please do give a detailed review. Please do check the specs for both the devices. Compare.

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
Go for Ninja.
Starting with Android version to Megapixel, its better than VF-smart in every aspect.

OP
W

Whistler81

The One and Only
This is what I see :

Vodafone Smart :
pro: price is less, around 2K (I am more of a Sort by Price : Lowest First guy)
con: Screen size is small but i think I can like with this.

I am mainly concerned about speed. The Nokia C2-03 which I use is DAMN SLOW. I don't what this great feature in my next phone.

maninder4k

Broken In
You should buy another speedy Nokia then because Nokia have resell value & If by chance Vodafone occurs to be not good then you will waste your money instead. Rest is upon you...

Flash

Lost in speed
^^ If you concern about speed, definitely Ninja stays ahead.
I guess, Ninja got 1 GHz Qualcomm Processor where as Vodafone smart got 528 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S1 Mobile Processor Aderno GPU (Though am not sure of what S1,2,3,4 means)

Comparison is here:
Micromax A52 vs. Vodafone 858 Smart - GSMArena.com

OP
W

Whistler81

The One and Only
WoW thanks for the info guys I am pretty much convinced that buying the Vodafone Smart mobile phone will not be so smart... lets see since I am in Bangalore there are few pretty big ass Vodafone stores that have there phones for testing. Will go there tomorrow or the day after and then finally decide. Not buying a Nokia Again. Thanks.

Top Bottom