Questions about the hp pavilion 15 ec series laptops

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

I have used Pavilion 15 ab series in the past. Shifted to the Pavalion ec series. Few questions-

1. In the pavilion ab series the actions on the Function keys like brightness/volume up and down could be initiated by just pressing the function key like F2. But in the new ec series Fn+Function keys need to be pressed together. Is there any way to use the function keys without pressing the Fn key?

2. All drivers and windows updates are completed but text in the middle of the screen is like spread out. I mean it looks like someone threw water on text written using an ink pen. It looks kinda cartoonish types. It is same whether I am browsing the internet or have opened MS office. It is hard to explain in the ss, PFA

Any heads up for any setting from where to rectify this?

3. HPSA has updates like BIOS etc. It asks to download them and then it will reinstall those updates. Where does it save the downloaded installer files? Need to delete them after installing them.

4. In the HPSA software the warranty of this laptop is wrong. Can someone share the concerned department's email wherein we can send the purchase invoice so that they can correct the warranty date?

5. These pavilion ec series are dust and fingerprint magnets. The quality of the plastic used is horrible. Is there a recommended cloth or cleaner that can be used to clean these regularly?

6, The touchpad can be used with two fingers to zoom in and out. In the older ab series the same could be used on the desktop to increase or decrease the size of the icons present on the desktop but the same thing is not happening in the pavilion ec series, though two finger zoom in and out is working everywhere else. Any heads up?

Thanks

patkim

Cyborg Agent
2 - Go to font settings in Windows 10 and try to Adjust Clear Type Text. See if that helps. If that does not help Disable Hardware Acceleration in Edge/Chrome browsers and also in MS Office. And check again. Also try Smooth Edges of Screen Fonts in System Advanced Settings

3 – I have Hp247, in my case the individual installer expanded the files to C:\<Folder> I simply deleted those after install. I never used any app so not sure about it. Check root of all drives and sort on Date Modified to try to find otherwise. If you are unsure, better leave it alone!

4 – I had same issue with my Hp purchase. The warranty was retailer warranty not end user warranty. I think I called hp customer support and logged a complaint. A case number was given to me and then I was interacting with hpservicesupport@hp.com to furnish my invoice and warranty slip. Then they corrected the warranty as per invoice date. This was way back in 2019 so things might have changed.

5 – I use a simple plain cotton cloth and IPA cleaner to clean exterior and interior of small signal electronics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom