questions about lenevo y500,y580 ,asus g75 and g55

evilwit

Journeyman
hey guys i am planning to buy a gaming laptop for myself and i have short-listed lenevo y500,y580 asus g75 and g55.i have few questions in my mind,it would be great if you guys clear it out...

1>i have read on this forum that y500 is having track pad issues but it can be solved by replacing elan track pad with synaptics.so my question is, does the problem gets totally solved after changing the track pad or does minor issue lasts?i have also read that there is only one lot affected with this problem,so how can i find out which laptop is faulty?is there any other problem with the laptop itself?

2>how is lenevo y580?i mean does this also have the same problem?and how can it be solved?

3>i am planning to buy the laptop from Thailand,does the lenevo laptop have international warranty?

4>can you please tell me the price of the least powerful model(at least with fhd screen,2GB graphic card,500 GB hard disk if possible ssd also) of asus g75 and g55 in Thailand and India?and please link the list of dealer of asus in Thailand and India?

5>and in how much time does the haswell chips will come out?is it wise to wait for it?
thanks

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
^^
1. The new model of y500 [Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-379647)] doesn't have trackpad issues as it has synaptics trackpad.

OP
E

evilwit

Journeyman
^^
1. The new model of y500 [Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-379647)] doesn't have trackpad issues as it has synaptics trackpad.

does this model of lenevo have trackpad issueshttp://shopap.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y500/#models?
what about the y580?does it have any trackpad issues?does lenevo product carry international warranty?thanks

Check Lenovo Y510p too

when is it going to launch in india or thailand?is there any other way i can buy it online with warranty?does it have any trackpad issues??i live in india...
thanks

Aerrow

Journeyman
does this model of lenevo have trackpad issueshttp://shopap.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y500/#models?
what about the y580?does it have any trackpad issues?does lenevo product carry international warranty?thanks

when is it going to launch in india or thailand?is there any other way i can buy it online with warranty?does it have any trackpad issues??i live in india...
thanks

The synaptics model touchpad is fine though a lil over sensitive. Can be fixed from settings. Not unusable like elan. You can check reviews online.. I'm talking of y500 here. Might be true for 580. Not sure..

Us model y series laptops have international warranty though 1 year... Atleast y500 does

Top Bottom