Query for a good TV-Tuner Card....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeshgovindan2005

Growing Marijuana !
I am planning to buy a TV-Tuner card. I this month's CHIP(Feb 06) they have said that PixelView PlayTV Box 3 Desktop is the best one among TV-Tuner cards....but that one is external......what about the best in internal cards....plz suggest?

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
whichever model u buy...
but DO NOT go in for Pixelview card...they are the worst...

before deciding which card to buy...
make ur mind which "type" of card u want...
internal or external ??
do u need the card for just entertainment purposes,for viewing TV or u want to record TV and edit it as well ???

ofcourse $$$ budget too !!

S

Shock_the_Rock

hi

i suggest u to go for compro video mate which is priced at Rs1500, as grinning devil says never go for pixel view they r worst card becoz they r not compatiable with new pci e mobo.

Vyasram

The pWnster
pixelview sux , i have playtv pro 2 , 50% of channels are not detected, bad quality , no driver support on website, stupid software bundled - honestech

OP
rajeshgovindan2005

rajeshgovindan2005

Growing Marijuana !
I want the card for Viewing, Recording as well as Editing purposes....and I prefer internal cards....(leaving aside PixelView)...what are the other good TV tuner cards...?

Also I have heard about compro card and pinnacle cards....can anyone tell me more about the compro and pinnacle cards plz...?

Thankx in advance

khandu

In the zone
I have used Pixelview .. never had a problem till date

Got all updates from their website..

But go for Compro or Pinnacle.. go for any model accordin to ur budget..

OP
rajeshgovindan2005

rajeshgovindan2005

Growing Marijuana !
I have a budget of 2K...can u suggest some model within this limit both from compro as well as pinnacle or something else which is good....!

Thanx

thadhanihemant

Journeyman
pinnacle -
pctv stereo under 2k, and is good for viewing as well as recording
& if u really wanna go for recording -go for pinnacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom