Query about memory stick in w800i

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kalyan

I am planning to buy a 2 GB memory stick pro duo for my w800i (converted from k750i). Some of my friends told me that it would slow the phone down. I dont believe that(why would SE specify that it supports 2 GB?) or is this true? Does the use of fake and original make any difference in the usage? what are the differences we could find in fake and original ones? and how can one figure out abt a card whether it is fake or original? because, the fake ones even come with a hologram on them. What is the way to check it out in the shop before we buy the card? which card is better to buy for my phone? 1 GB or 2GB?

and finally, what is the price of both? please tell me the price of both fake and original? how much does it cost in a sony showroom?

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Kalyan said:
I am planning to buy a 2 GB memory stick pro duo for my w800i (converted from k750i). Some of my friends told me that it would slow the phone down. I dont believe that(why would SE specify that it supports 2 GB?) or is this true? Does the use of fake and original make any difference in the usage? what are the differences we could find in fake and original ones? and how can one figure out abt a card whether it is fake or original? because, the fake ones even come with a hologram on them. What is the way to check it out in the shop before we buy the card? which card is better to buy for my phone? 1 GB or 2GB?

and finally, what is the price of both? please tell me the price of both fake and original? how much does it cost in a sony showroom?

I have a 1GB memory stick pro duo which I bought for dead cheap and as you said had the hologram and all. But I know it can't be original. It still is working fine with my Sony DSC-H2 for the past 8 months. I've heard Sony Ericsson phones don't slow down when the memory card size increases. That's a problem only with Nokia phones. A supposedly original sony memory stick pro duo 2GB should cost you around 1,200.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
a 2gb original will cost somewhere under 4k from sony world!!

anyways, till date the only difference i've seen between fake and original is the transfer speed. but the fake cards give pretty acceptable speeds.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
All I would say is stick to original. This may sound as a usual statement, but there is no replacement for originals.

Fake cards are susceptible to data loss. Most of my friends are facing the problem of photos getting corrupted. Fake cards needs formatting often. Assume you went on a memorable trip and captured those precious moments on your mobile. You would never want the photos to get corrupted leaving you embarrassed. Pay a little more and get original. If you are running low on budget, I suggest you to get a 1GB card genuine card rather than going for a 2GB duplicate one.

BTW, 2GB will run comfortably on your K750i converted to W800i.

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
always search b4 asking.... neways chk it

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50954&highlight=k750+to+w800i

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i purchased 1 GB for Rs. 700 . it has all the quality of original , i distinguished . over the net . buy from Sony ericsson priority dealer . they sell cheap

OP
K

Kalyan

How can I tell a fake memory stick from an original one by seeing it in the shop? What if an authorised dealer sells me a fake one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom