Query about 5850

kartikoli

Busy!!
i will game on 1900*xxx resolution when i get my 5850 [just going to finalize the deal]

the question i want to ask is will it make any difference pairing it with my 785chipset mobo. [HD4250 IGP] or it will be just GPU powered

my rig small discription

dell 22' LED
phenom 555BE [unlocked to quad @ stock]
Corsair HX750
4GB Corsair 1600MHz
Gigabyte 785chipset mobo

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Why you are considering HD5850??Its old generation cards.BTW. whats your budget??
There's lot better card than 5850 exists in newer generation.:)

Tarun

In the zone
no it wont make a difference and if ur motherboard supports hybrid crossfireX then there will be a decent 5% to 10% performance improvement in the graphics
hope it helps :)

i personal suggest u a 5970 it will be way faster then the 5850 and except for the bandwidth(u can overclock and have a better bandwidth) the card is faster then the 6990.
u should have a look at this
whats ur budget ??????????

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
getting used 5850 for 8.5k for 6~7 months only

will upgrade to 7 series or 6950 after 7 series get settled

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
no it wont make a difference and if ur motherboard supports hybrid crossfireX then there will be a decent 5% to 10% performance improvement in the graphics
hope it helps :)

i personal suggest u a 5970 it will be way faster then the 5850 and except for the bandwidth(u can overclock and have a better bandwidth) the card is faster then the 6990.
u should have a look at this
whats ur budget ??????????

hybrid cfx is with low end gpus.

and how come 5970 is faster than 6990? even a GTX580 beats it in some cases!

Last edited:

guru_urug

iGoogle
getting used 5850 for 8.5k for 6~7 months only

will upgrade to 7 series or 6950 after 7 series get settled

you can get a new HD6850 for 9k :)) The 5850 is slightly faster...but wont be that noticible. Also you get a new card + lesser power draw + other tweaks

Piyush

Lanaya
^^+1
since OP would be upgrading after 6 months or so
then 6850 would be good option
less power consumption,other added features,etc....

J

Joker

Hybrid crossfirex with integrated chipset gpu onky works with low end discrete gpu's like hd 4350, hd 5450 etc.

Anything above and more powerful than these...only the discrete gpu will work.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
ok got the point [thanks every one for support]

how much should i quote for sappire 5850? [2 month old] .... getting it @ 8.2k

how much price diff. should i look for not considering 6850 @ 9k

Tarun

In the zone
Thanx guy i was not aware of that hybrid thing as i have not tried it on my own as for this
QUOTE]how come 5970 is faster than 6990? even a GTX580 beats it in some cases! [/QUOTE]
5970 just has a lower bandwidth(25% lesser)but it kill the 6990 in Texel Rate and Pixel Rate
for better understanding have a look at Radeon HD 5970 vs Radeon HD 6990 – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare
6850 is also a pretty decent card i guess :) go on with it

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
5970 just has a lower bandwidth(25% lesser)but it kill the 6990 in Texel Rate and Pixel Rate
for better understanding have a look at Radeon HD 5970 vs Radeon HD 6990 – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare
6850 is also a pretty decent card i guess :) go on with it

so how does it matter? look at gaming benchmarks at anandtech, toms hardware, hardocp, guru3d etc.
in games 6990 is much ahead and thats what we need!!
eg - AnandTech - AMD's Radeon HD 6990: The New Single Card King

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^yes at the end of the day the fps is what matters most

the texture fill rate in my old 9800Gt was 35.2Gt/s and my new gts450 is 22.7 but it performs way better than the 9800
the main deciding factors in a Gpu are to total no of SP, Rop's & the memory bus width & type correct me if i am wrong

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^yes at the end of the day the fps is what matters most

the texture fill rate in my old 9800Gt was 35.2Gt/s and my new gts450 is 22.7 but it performs way better than the 9800
the main deciding factors in a Gpu are to total no of SP, Rop's & the memory bus width & type correct me if i am wrong

leave all that jargon. just see reviews :wink:

Top Bottom