PURCHASING THE FASTEST COMPUTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

VINIT VATSAL

Right off the assembly line
HI I NEED SOME HELP FROM YOU GUYS AS MY FRIEND WANTS TO PURCHASE A NEW PC FOR AROUND 2.5 LACS. SHOULD I SUGGEST HIM TO GO FOR P4EE OR AMD64? ALSO WILL 512 MB OF MEMORY WOULD BE OK OR MORE IS REQUIRED FOR GAMING? WHAT ABOUT THE GRAPHICS CARD X800 XT OR Geforce6800 Ultra ? PLEASE PLEASE TRY TO HELP ME AND MY FRIEND. WE SHALL BE GREATFUL TO YOU GUYS. ALSO MENTION ONLY THOSE PRODUCTS WHICH ARE EASILY AVAILABLE IN THE INDIAN MARKET. :D

theraven

Technomancer
2.5 lakhs ????
damn that guy has a lot of money
ill pm u some details .. se if u can get ur hands on that it has the config

theraven

Technomancer
ofcourse wait for other ppl to post ... and i will take part in this discussion myself ...
this otta be fun :D

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
mean rig !

Woo, 2.5 lakhs is a lot of money, u sure u r frnd wanna spend so much......cuz buying frm here u wont many hi-end components to satisfy ur budget.

For products easily available in the Indian market market lets see. Cant really give u the perfect prices.

Processor: AMD 64 3800+ 29k+ or AMD Fx-53 939 based will cost ya 42k+ easily. The 3500+ will cost less.
Mobo: Asus A8V mobo Deluxe based on the Via K8T800pro chipset 8k.
or MSI K8N Neo 2 based on NF3 ultra chipset.
Ram: Corsair PC3200LL XMS series CMX256A 512*2: 22K.
Cabinet: Antec AMG 1000 or 1080 will cost u 7k.
PSU:
Antec true 550 to power the power guzzling components 9k.
Graphics Card: XFX Geforce 6800 Ultra 256Mb GDDR3/ Gigabyte 6800Ultra 33 to 35k.
DVD Writer:
Get a Liteon 12X DL DVD writer and a CD-Writer for copy on the fly(for cds only) 6k and 2k.
Cooling: ThermalTake Venus 12 2.5k gr8 for AMD 64 processors.
Soundcard: SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro 16k
Speakers: Creative Gigaworks 7.1 38k.
Wireless Optical Mouse/Keyboard:MS Wireless Optical Mouse/Keyboard 4k, the pro costs more no sure how much.
LCD: Logitech/Samsung 17" LCD TFT Screen. 45k+

The Total is a whopping 2 lakh 24 thousand. So i got pretty close to the target. Ofcourse there will be others posting too.........so wait for their reply as well.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I'm sorry to say that but read the August edition of CHIP magazine...

There they have provided the best PC configs Indian Money can buy....

And the price is About 2lacs...

They used P4EE

G

gxsaurav

My highest end conig is about to come, even if U buy this PC with Rs 2.5 laks, it will become old technology in 1 year only

theraven

Technomancer
lol yeah spending that much is not feasible for us .. but with someone with the dough .. why the heck not !
go for it ....
yet again the technology WILL be old in a year thats for sure ...
but ull be able to work it for a good 2 yrs ... i hope ...
go in for the amd 64 that way to be safer ...
and god i hope for u the x800 PCI-E comes out soon :D .. that is ofcourse if ur going for the pentium by any chance ... OR u get ur hands on an nforce 4 MOBO ... whenever that is out too ..
GOD soo much technology ... so close yet soo far .. sigh

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hmmm
wait a bit b4 splurging that much money. new technologies r yet 2 hit Indian markets....
wait 4 them b4 spending 2.5 lakhs...
and guys, if he wants 2 spend that much money, just let him....
im sure he knows that the tech will b obsolete soon but what the heck!!! let him enjoy a superfast PC while it lasts.....
i think that the P4EE sucks and is over hyped....AMD 64-bit is better

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
right... tech will be obsolete soon...
2 year old my home's 54000/- compaq is equivalent to any 25000/- lol... ;-)
i think when LH will arrive then spending this much money for a "ROCKING PC" wuld be gud idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom