Purchased Redmi Note 10 Pro Max now repenting ? Thinking OnePlus ?

augustya

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

Just a couple of days back I had asked for a Phone recommendation here in the range of 20K and the unanimous recommendation along with a few other was the Redmi Note 10 Pro/Max. I purchased it and kind of repent it now. It lacks some of the basic things should be implemented which is like When there is a Call that comes in any media playing should stop (Which is what makes iOS So special these fine details) right now that does not happen, Secondly when I am playing one music app lets say I am playing Spotify and it is playing Music already and immediately if I start playing Gaana or which ever Music App, the first one should stop playing. Right now both are playing at the same time. So there quite a few fine things which go on to make a OS smooth and Buttery. Which IMHO iOS is, for its Polished Approach. (Yes it is restricted) But for me as an end user it does not make much of a difference. So anyways I cannot afford iOS so I came to Android (Poor Man's Phone lol ) But my question is that way I feel Oneplus Phones are still very decent in terms of Hardware that they use, and its OS.

Do you guys agree Oneplus Nord CE 5G would have been better Phone as compared to Redmi Note 10 Pro Max ? Yes it is slightly expensive than Redmi. But what do you thnk other wise ? It lacks the 120Hz Refresh Rate which Redmi has and the 108MP Camera?

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Yes, all of them which were released after Oneplus 6.

And why do you say so ? Atleast they have Interface which is better than MIUI. This thing does not happen in OnePlus that two Music APP can play at the same time, Call Comes Media Stops which in Redmi Keeps Playing. This is so Basic, even a Galli Kooche ki Company and Brand should know this. It is Rudimentary !!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
They went full retard by removing 3.5 mm jack, OIS and increasing prices too much. Marketing increased while core hardware decreased. Like Samsung, they started giving different hardware in different regions (disabling some network bands in India).

Their latest software updates have affected the older phones adversely. If there was no Motorola phone in this price range, I might've agreed for the UI part. OxygenOS has been infected by ColorOS parasite now.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
With Qualcomm based xiaomi phones, you have option to flash a custom rom.
Oxygen OS or Color OS will be better than MIUI ? right ?
No, not necessarily. Color OS will always be iOS wanna be trash UI. After merger with Oppo, you never know when Oneplus starts releasing crap sources and breaks support for custom roms.

I don't know if you are comfortable with flashing them. Also, I'd rather be on stable motorola stock rom instead of getting buggy updates from Oneplus.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Custom rom, what else?

No I have never attempted or done this sort of thing. So how will the UI look like and what are the benefits of doing it ?

For e.g the things that I told you about two music player playing at the same time and music still playing when a call comes in. All this will be resolved ?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Cutting Corner Technology

Remember this? this is how corners are cut.

That does not look like iOS, rather a cheap version with just icons and animations. The performance is low.

With oppo and vivo you also get a lot of bloat, for eg. You get the uninstallable browser which gives stupid and not so good notification. Then comes there own app store, which forces you to download from there instead of playstore.

After that there is also crap like oroaming in oppo phones. They also come with there community apps.

There is also a app by name of phone manager which is very suspicious app considering it cannot be disabled and does not delete any malacious APK. It just keeps on notifying about full storage.

In Mi, oppo and realme phone there is one more problem, in the lockscreen itself there is something by the name lockscreen gallery. It is basically just full of advertisement and difficult to disable.

Saying this after using both oppo(realme 1 and realme 5) and vivo(v51s).

Maybe re-read this, and refrain from oppo and vivo cancer.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Remember this? this is how corners are cut.

Maybe re-read this, and refrain from oppo and vivo cancer.

Yes I very well remember this. Cutting Edge Technology and so now I gave you a personal experience and example how Leaders set an example and how people who follow the Leader (Other OS trying to copy and follow iOS and fall flat on their face)

I am not saying Vivo or Oppo now, I am talking about OnePlus.

Avoid OP, oppo & vivo. Some Realme & iQoo phones are good though.

The sound issues you mention are very strange indeed. I thought those happen automatically on all phones, my Samsung does that as intended. Comparing iOS to MIUI is not fair, even though Xiaomi would like people to change their mindset, I won't consider Xiaomi phones over say 30k or so. Samsung just has the better UI for a premium android.

The good old Oxygen UI of OP is dead. I rated that as the best android UI along with Samsung, but with Color OS, no. Also, post OP 7T, their downfall started with lower value for money phones.

ankushv

Journeyman
Most people just buy a phone with a high megapixel camera thinking it will perform well . Most of our photos are taken indoors with less than adequate lighting . Hence the need for OIS . Nowadays Samsung is having ois only in its flagship phones or top of the line A series. EIS is never going to be a solution for natural OIS camera . Mi and other Chinese phones have OIS only in their flagship phones .

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
But what is the point of giving the greatest of camera if your phone if your OS cannot understand basic logic ? Like the example quoted above.

Last edited:

ankushv

Journeyman
A good phone requires
A good screen (We use this feature the most)
A good earpiece (This feature comes at par or after the point mentioned above . )
A good network coverage capability
A good battery
A good camera with OIS .
A good os with regular security updates .
We should compare all of the above and buy whatever suits us .
Sadly most phones that tick most of the above points are easily above 30 k .

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom