Purchased an iBall Slide WQ32 Windows Tablet from Amazon.in

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Well going on increasing my Tablet inventory. Purchased an I ball slide wq32 tablet from amazon.in,at
Rs.13,499/-. Tablet is quite decent and good,particularly with Windows-8.1(32bit),very smooth and fluid in touch experience.
The most important impulse for my purchase is at that budget,you get a Windows Tablet with A SIM SLOT,so network on the go.:-D
Obviously there are better Tablets(windows based) out there,with superior hardware and other aspects,but the BUDGET and SIM SLOT was a big buy for me.
What do you think Friends?

$hadow

Geek in making
I am also looking to check out the same.
My few queries are
1. Windows Rt or Windows 8
2. How is app support on tab
3. Any issue you found?

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

I am also looking to check out the same.
My few queries are
1. Windows Rt or Windows 8
2. How is app support on tab
3. Any issue you found?
1.Fully Windows-8.1(32-bit) OS
2. All Windows apps is fully supported (ONLY CON BEING THE 16GB ROM WHICH HAS 4.85GB LEFT,AFTER I DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED VLC,WINZIP,ETC. FROM WINDOWS STORE). You could download from external sites also. I had added an extra 32GB microSDHC of Transcend.
3. Frankly speaking,I found no crappy issues EXCEPT the screen size for the Desktop mode seems a little small. Otherwise for a 8" Tablet with 16:10 aspect ratio and 1280x800 resolution,colors are vibrant,smooth,and graphics are much decent.Of course no one should think of trying to play Heavy/Moderate Games into this device,but watching videos is satisfying.

The sim card slot(normal sim size for insertion) provided is a definite + point.

$hadow

Geek in making
1.Fully Windows-8.1(32-bit) OS
2. All Windows apps is fully supported (ONLY CON BEING THE 16GB ROM WHICH HAS 4.85GB LEFT,AFTER I DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED VLC,WINZIP,ETC. FROM WINDOWS STORE). You could download from external sites also. I had added an extra 32GB microSDHC of Transcend.
3. Frankly speaking,I found no crappy issues EXCEPT the screen size for the Desktop mode seems a little small. Otherwise for a 8" Tablet with 16:10 aspect ratio and 1280x800 resolution,colors are vibrant,smooth,and graphics are much decent.Of course no one should think of trying to play Heavy/Moderate Games into this device,but watching videos is satisfying.

The sim card slot(normal sim size for insertion) provided is a definite + point.

Hey can you please post a few screen pics taken from another device for illustrating viewing angles.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Hey can you please post a few screen pics taken from another device for illustrating viewing angles.

Not possible at present Friend. But believe me viewing angles are pretty decent and good, even when viewed from corners say at nearly 160° angle. Screen touch and typing is awesome,. the screen being IPS display has great clarity in images.
I am totally satisfied by its function. I recommend this as a perfect budget buy of Windows Tablet.
Ultimately WISH and CHOICE.

sudhir_3193

Journeyman
i would like to thank OP for posting this thread as most of us like a desktop subtitute which can be carried easily. I want to know can it become a desktop substitute leaving heavy applications. Can it run ms office and support html 5. Share your experience on any issues u have found.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

i would like to thank OP for posting this thread as most of us like a desktop subtitute which can be carried easily. I want to know can it become a desktop substitute leaving heavy applications. Can it run ms office and support html 5. Share your experience on any issues u have found.
You can run any Windows related apps. as long as it is not heavy on computing hardware resources. Issue is about the storage space(ROM),which should have been 32GB minimum. But an extra space for keeping your files relating to movies,song,documents,pics. could be stored to a maximum of 64GB microSDHC card in the TF slot.
This tablet,definitely runs MS-Office (free license for 1year only)and support html5.

- - - Updated - - -

Flipkart,Snapdeal and Amazon are all selling this tablet for Rs.15k + now. Lucky to acquire this at Rs.13,499/-. Some were more lucky to acquire for Rs.12,799/- or so... at Amazon on the First day of Diwali Dhamaka.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Another tablet in your quiver :D. How many tablets are you owning now and which ones. Which is your fav.

$hadow

Geek in making
Not possible at present Friend. But believe me viewing angles are pretty decent and good, even when viewed from corners say at nearly 160° angle. Screen touch and typing is awesome,. the screen being IPS display has great clarity in images.
I am totally satisfied by its function. I recommend this as a perfect budget buy of Windows Tablet.
Ultimately WISH and CHOICE.
N9 is out this is surely out of my list :-D

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
So this tablet can Also run pc games like assassin creed,bioshock,far cry etc? And can these games be installed on the sd card ? Also how is the battery life ?

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

So this tablet can Also run pc games like assassin creed,bioshock,far cry etc? And can these games be installed on the sd card ? Also how is the battery life ?

Nope. Don't expect such games to run by an Intel Atom CPU.
Battery life is about 4hrs~4.5hrs max.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
[MENTION=123453]kg11sgbg[/MENTION]

Thinking of buying this tablet. I have two queries.
1) you've used it for more than a month. For like 1-2 hour surfing in a day and 1 hour gaming... what would the battery life be like? what is the rating of the battery.. I mean in mAH ?
2) This might be a stupid question but does it support 2g data?

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^Friend,sorry for your late query.Actually I am on Holiday Tour with my Mother,Spouse and daughter visiting - pune,Mahabaleshwar,lonavala,khandala.Presently at Aurangabad - visited Ajanta,...
1).The battery backup is quite satisfactory up to ~4hrs. on full recharge,if you do not perform any graphics intensive functions or too much multitasking.
Rating is 3840 mah
2). It has an inbuilt 3G slot for data connection.But according to network tower availability and other conditions, sometimes the sim may connect for 2G connections.
YES, you can use a 2G sim ,as it is backwards compatible. Obviously data speed will be much lower.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
^Friend,sorry for your late query.Actually I am on Holiday Tour with my Mother,Spouse and daughter visiting - pune,Mahabaleshwar,lonavala,khandala.Presently at Aurangabad - visited Ajanta,...
1).The battery backup is quite satisfactory up to ~4hrs. on full recharge,if you do not perform any graphics intensive functions or too much multitasking.
Rating is 3840 mah
2). It has an inbuilt 3G slot for data connection.But according to network tower availability and other conditions, sometimes the sim may connect for 2G connections.
YES, you can use a 2G sim ,as it is backwards compatible. Obviously data speed will be much lower.

No issues. I assumed that you must be on vacation :p So you are saying 4 hours of continuous usage. Is it worse compared to android tabs? How long does it take to charge? And with my usage I guess it should last for the whole day...

and the 2g issue is because the place where I live in right now, there is no 3g coverage

Any other issues you've faced with the tablet?
And what kind of service can I expect from iball if it goes bad?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, can store apps be installed on the sd card?..
just found out you cant.. so the free space is 4.5 gb right?
is it enough for apps? or it becomes an issue later with windows updates and all?

Is there a way to make sure that windows updates and app updates only happen over wifi and not mobile data(2g or 3g) ?

Is the OS 32 bit or 64 bit? :p

Sorry, but I know I'm asking too many questions..

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

No issues. I assumed that you must be on vacation :p So you are saying 4 hours of continuous usage. Is it worse compared to android tabs? How long does it take to charge? And with my usage I guess it should last for the whole day...

and the 2g issue is because the place where I live in right now, there is no 3g coverage

Any other issues you've faced with the tablet?
And what kind of service can I expect from iball if it goes bad?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, can store apps be installed on the sd card?..
just found out you cant.. so the free space is 4.5 gb right?
is it enough for apps? or it becomes an issue later with windows updates and all?

Is there a way to make sure that windows updates and app updates only happen over wifi and not mobile data(2g or 3g) ?

Is the OS 32 bit or 64 bit? :p

Sorry, but I know I'm asking too many questions..

Not at all,buddy.
It is Windows-8.1(32bit).
Charging time takes nearly 3.5~4 hrs.

The only big con is it having a paltry 16GB of internal memory.You cannot download + install too many apps/software,because very little space is left for those.
Till now haven't tried any function of moving apps to SD card.In fact its a bit complex issue.
The external windows icon/button on the bezel of the tab,that acts as a toggle switch to change between tiles(metro interface) and desktop mode sometimes tend to be unresponsive. This is an issue I have faced,though not very serious.
Regarding updates to Windows(system files),no issues faced till date.Perfect updation of Windows.
I've updated over WiFi,since I already have a WiFi hotspot arrangement at my house.I use 3G sim for web surfing and the likes.

Top Bottom