Purchase: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite [@ B'lore]

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
I want to buy ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2009 [Boxed] for installing on my Laptop.
Where to buy from , in Bangalore?

if anyone knows, do give the "Shop's" name/phone/address.

btw, is this site legit?:confused:
*www.zonealarmstore.com/zonealarm-software-products.php?name=ZoneAlarm-Internet-Security-Suite
^ZISS costs Rs.1,979 at that site.

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
KIS2009 is good, but Zone Alarm's firewal is too good.
add the "Wireless PC Protection"
Wireless PC Protection

Automatically detects wireless networks and secures your PC from hackers and other Internet threats wherever you\'re connected - at home or on the road.

its for my dad, new to computers;), will be using to check mail, at office, airport...

i got 1year free legit lcense for KIS09 (on desktop), barclays one i guess:p

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
will be using to check mail, at office, airport...

Once again, not to argue with you but just for discussion reason, what type of Wireles security ?

I mean you get Wfi access at office + airport too ?? I have been there are B'lore / Hyd just last week and did not see Wifi there at AirPort, and had to use my Mobile Office to access Internet !!!!

So Wireless protection comes as network security (just like any other firewall), and when you are at NTFS (in case of Windows), just simply disable the File Share, that would mean no access to any files of your PC...

Also wifi would be treated as Network in local system... If I am not mistaking then the responsibility is with those people who maintains the access point and routers to make the connection secure, as at local end we can just follow their Network rule :(

So if you please elaborate as what is exactly wifi Security which you are willing to achieve !!!

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
well, the laptop will be going to overseas mostly:p, thats why i "added" airport;), hotel...

i'm using ZAP+KAV2009 on vista on desktop, one day a digit member cud see me in vista's "networks..." as we both were using Hamachi v-lan s/w.
when he tried to connect to my PC, ZAP immidiately gave a warning, that so & so pc is tring to access "this" pc...... but KIS09 never gives such warning (i cud be wrong, might depend on some settings...)

now, currently i have KIS2009 on laptop & ZAP+KAV09 on Desktop[PC] (both vista).
i can browse the laptop's "public" folders from PC, but when trying to connect/browse from laptop to PC, ZAP pops up a warning, that so 'n so pc with so 'n so ip is trying to connect.... & gives option to block....

mad_max

Journeyman
Err umm you said kav+zap and then kis+zap anyways i dunno bout kis2009 but my kis7 tells me every crapp that goes on in my connection,kinda annoying actually but then again rather that than my pc being jacked lol....Most probably the firewall in ur kis is turned off;)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I cant understand one thing about ZAP in wireless security, as Wireless is nothing but a network, as in your PC any firewall would be able to protect you from Network threats, yes some would do better that others

but the term Wireless security would mean in normal that how much the connection is encrypted and how strong is the access codes !!!! which is completely upon those who maintains the network access points and routers... at our end we just hoock in to the system via given settings :( we have no control over there !!!!

as I already said, in case of NTFS please make sure you have your Fileshare disabled (for extra security edit the $ share access too) so that no one apart from an Admim user can access the files :)

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
as I already said, in case of NTFS please make sure you have your Fileshare disabled (for extra security edit the $ share access too) so that no one apart from an Admim user can access the files :)
Will do that.
i know that kis09 is better in terms of av+as combo, at first i thought of puechasing ZAP+KAV09 combo, but that wud cost too much & we've to purchase them separately.:|

as already mentioned, i'm using KIS09 on laptop as of now, but i'm not happy with its f/w, its f/w detects local stuffs, but when incoming threat/..., it doesnt.

i'm using
KIS09 - on laptop (vista) & desktop (xp)
ZAP8+KAV09 - on desktop (vista) [dual boot:))]

about that "wireless security" , i'm not goin in for zap just for that, its the f/w, i've been using zap &kav combo since early 2006 (gave a break in late '07, compatibily issue:p) & i'm extremely satisfied with its performance.

btw, its easy on the newbies;)
----
btw, can anyone clarify my doubt on that site, in 1st post
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=928107&postcount=1

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
can someone suggest me Indian online shop to buy ZAISS ?

its urgent.

& do tell me is the bill also deliverd (thru mail/with product...), coz i'll need it to submit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom