PURCHASE QUERY!! [ Pascal GPU laptop worth (80-90k) ]

madzeus

Broken In
Hello,So i have been a lurker here for a long time,but decided to ask for myself.I am looking for a gaming laptop with Pascal GPUs, for playing high end games.Other uses would be multimedia consumption-movie marathons etc.
Today finally DELL announced their Pascal GPU line up-Inspiron 7567 for
a) GTX150 ,7th Gen i5-81.5k
b)GTX1050ti, 7th Gen i7- 92.3k

After HP omen this is the only laptop with Pascal GPU and i have been waiting since January for these puppies:|

1) What is your budget? (80k INR extendable to 90 k)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Gaming,Multimedia consumption i.e. Netflix,movies, tv serials,music etc.Office work once in a while.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
7th gen i5+ Gtx1050,2GB DDR5+8gb DDR 4 RAM
Online Shopping India Mobile, Cameras, Lifestyle & more Online @ Flipkart.co

but what would be your opinion on buying

7th gen i7+ Gtx1050ti,2GB DDR5+8gb DDR 4 RAM for 11k more
Online Shopping India Mobile, Cameras, Lifestyle & more Online @ Flipkart.co

The only problem here is the TN panel on this dell model,(comparison- Inspiron 15 vs y510p - Album on Imgu). I dont know what sadistic pleasure does one get by not offering a complete machine in a package which apparently is from your top shelf.:muttering::muttering:

With Lenovo Legion y520 (Pascal Model) the battery seems to be of 45Wh compared to 75Wh of DELL so the main dilemma is to go for a weak screen (i.e.Dell,which inherently limits the fun however good the components are, provided i am not connecting an external screen to it) or a weak battery.
My usage would not be primarily active with laptop so that's in favour of y520 but then again y520 launch seems to be far fetched as queries on their fb page didn't lead to any answers.

On another note,I am also considering to buy a 40-42 '' inch Budget screen (was thinking of VU TVs, if someone would navigate me to a correct thread ) so that should offset the screen for my DELL but still i am so torn apart as to which model to buy, HELP me on THIS.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: All brands as long as config is good,preferred dell as had a previous xps 13 running 5 years and still going with a near dead battery but works fine. The build quality on this inspiron 7567 seems pretty good too.

b. Dislike:HP, bad experience with hinges of brothers laptop

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution ( 1080p (Full HD) )
Battery back up ( extended (5-7hrs) )
Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local ,But withing India.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Don't get ripped off by buying 1050, 1050ti laptop for anything higher than 60k.

All the OEMs are pricing their laptops ludicrously in India and charging a 50% premium over USA pricing.

So, either get the laptop from USA or ask a quote from Azom System

Edit: F**k Dell India for giving TN Panel at such high price.

raga8

Broken In
You can look into to these laptops but only issue is both have seller warranty as they are imported ones

ASUS ROG Strix GL553VD/Corei7-7700HQ/8GB DDR4/1TB/15.6 FullHD/4GB NViDiA GTX1050 | eBay Mobil

LENOVO Legion Y520, Core i7 7700HQ/4GB DDR4/1TB/15.6 FULLHD IPS/4GB GTX 1050/DOS | eBay Mobil

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

OP
madzeus

madzeus

Broken In
Thanks for the quick reply guys, [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] :my intended budget was 65-70k but these f****rs will not give me a Pascal GPU in that range so i had to cut back on other areas to save for a pricier laptop,have requested a quote from AZOM but from what i understand its a bare bone assembly type of laptop,is it possible to have a gtx1050ti on a cheaper price from AZOM if you have a clue??
[MENTION=322612]raga8[/MENTION]:- Manufacturer warranty is a must for me. Thanks :)

raga8

Broken In
Thanks for the quick reply guys, [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] :my intended budget was 65-70k but these f****rs will not give me a Pascal GPU in that range so i had to cut back on other areas to save for a pricier laptop,have requested a quote from AZOM but from what i understand its a bare bone assembly type of laptop,is it possible to have a gtx1050ti on a cheaper price from AZOM if you have a clue??
[MENTION=322612]raga8[/MENTION]:- Manufacturer warranty is a must for me. Thanks :)
most probably azom laptops will be around a lakh for starting price point

OP
madzeus

madzeus

Broken In
most probably azom laptops will be around a lakh for starting price point

well then i guess i will have to drop AZOM 90k is as far as i can go, and i made the jump for GTX1050 vs GTX1050TI, any news when is ACER v15 or Lenovo legion y520 is going to launch??

raga8

Broken In
well then i guess i will have to drop AZOM 90k is as far as i can go, and i made the jump for GTX1050 vs GTX1050TI, any news when is ACER v15 or Lenovo legion y520 is going to launch??
just make a quote on azom nd confirm the same..

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks for the quick reply guys, @SaiyanGoku :my intended budget was 65-70k but these f****rs will not give me a Pascal GPU in that range so i had to cut back on other areas to save for a pricier laptop,have requested a quote from AZOM but from what i understand its a bare bone assembly type of laptop,is it possible to have a gtx1050ti on a cheaper price from AZOM if you have a clue??
@raga8:- Manufacturer warranty is a must for me. Thanks :)

Buy a laptop from USA and ask someone to bring it here.

Get warranty transferred. Dell, Asus (maybe lenovo too) have this facility. Confirm with their CC.

raga8

Broken In
Buy a laptop from USA and ask someone to bring it here.

Get warranty transferred. Dell, Asus (maybe lenovo too) have this facility. Confirm with their CC.
I think Dell nd lenovo won't honor International Warranty in India bus Asus will honour international warranty

raga8

Broken In
Asus already Launched pascal series laptops in India u can also look at this but it's costly price starts from 94K Asus ROG Strix GL553 Gaming Laptop Launched in India, Starting Rs. 94,990 | NDTV Gadgets360.co

OP
madzeus

madzeus

Broken In
Thanks for the input guys, but if i had to buy from within India,with manufacturer's warranty and within 80-90k? would you recommend dell or lenovo/HP??
On a second note i could also buy a laptop within 60k and get a PS 4 to play? with the launch of these pascal series prices should push down for previous gen GPUs right??
so between a laptop within India and other things Vs a laptop(around 60k )+PS 4

what would you guys suggest?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks for the input guys, but if i had to buy from within India,with manufacturer's warranty and within 80-90k? would you recommend dell or lenovo/HP??
On a second note i could also buy a laptop within 60k and get a PS 4 to play? with the launch of these pascal series prices should push down for previous gen GPUs right??

A R5 1500X desktop when AMD Vega launches. Then maybe prices of GTX 1060 and RX480 will come down.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz

Get a cheap laptop and a gaming PC instead of PlayStation 4. Do you really need a laptop ? if not for 80k you can get a very powerful PC compared to laptop of same amount.

OP
madzeus

madzeus

Broken In
Get a cheap laptop and a gaming PC instead of PlayStation 4. Do you really need a laptop ? if not for 80k you can get a very powerful PC compared to laptop of same amount.
No, unfortunately it has to be a laptop i almost gave up on having a GTX 1050 until i saw some of these other option with pascal GPUs.
@SaiyanGoku any reviews about this [Asus] or MSI option ?

Otherwise please advise what would be my best bet for 60-65k INR a laptop with decent gaming and multimedia experience?
*www.flipkart.com/asus-fx-series-co...LSTCOMERHTBXVBQCEMYHKEBCN&qH=eccfe3964c74aa1e

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No, unfortunately it has to be a laptop i almost gave up on having a GTX 1050 until i saw some of these other option with pascal GPUs.

Otherwise please advise what would be my best bet for 60-65k INR a laptop with decent gaming and multimedia experience?

Seriously, get a GTX 1060 6GB based mini-itx rig if space/portability is a constraint. I won't buy a laptop in India by paying 50% extra over actual price.

Both those laptops shouldn't even cost more than 50k at best. 1050 is substantially weaker than 1050Ti.

raga8

Broken In

*www.flipkart.com/asus-fx-series-co...LSTCOMERHTBXVBQCEMYHKEBCN&qH=eccfe3964c74aa1e
I think these 2 are the cheapest 1050 laptops which are sold in India with official warranty... within these two go for Asus because it has i7 and Asus has more service centers than msi in India

Top Bottom