Psu, Cabinet

Bootroom

Broken In
so what actually happen with the luminous ups?
I have APC 600va and it works with my CX430v2 but with humming sound from PSU as well as speakers(Due to square wave)
Did you return the Luminous as you have ordered it online? tell some reason and get refund ASAP.

it restarts straightway. not going to return since its good quality build... think its just problem with my vs550 psu. going to change that to antec 450p or corsair CX series

i also have apc 600va which doesn't face such problems (although it did get restart about 2/3 times in last month)

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
it restarts straightway. not going to return since its good quality build... think its just problem with my vs550 psu. going to change that to antec 450p or corsair CX series

i also have apc 600va which doesn't face such problems (although it did get restart about 2/3 times in last month)

How can you say it has good build? I'd return that luminous as i know the true nature of that brand.
does that vs550 have any warranty left?
try again and again wih that apc 600va if it restarts or not. when PC is idle and you switch off the input for ups does it restart then also?

I am using a CX430v2 since May 2012 on a Pure sinewave inverter and until now it hasn't restarted abruptly...so what a Quality PSU demands for reliabilty is Quality Power...

Bootroom

Broken In
luminous is made by same people as apc. when you see the back of it...its just looks like apc ups with circuit breaker etc.

i already returned apc 800va for same problem with amazon and replaced it with this one. seems higher the ups va the bigger the problem with mine vs550 psu.

i don't trust my inverter enough to put straight into walls without ups.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
luminous is made by same people as apc. when you see the back of it...its just looks like apc ups with circuit breaker etc.

i already returned apc 800va for same problem with amazon and replaced it with this one. seems higher the ups va the bigger the problem with mine vs550 psu.

i don't trust my inverter enough to put straight into walls without ups.

your invterter brand / model? testing it once does no harm...though you are saying you will anyway replace the vs550.
if it is pure sinewave, put it in uos mode and try once.

Bootroom

Broken In
your invterter brand / model? testing it once does no harm...though you are saying you will anyway replace the vs550.
if it is pure sinewave, put it in uos mode and try once.

mine inverter is su-kam Su-Kam :: Pure Sine Wave Fusion Commercial UPS 2.5 KVA /36 V - World's Most Advanced UPS

already tried doing straight up without ups and my ssd got dead within hours. that scared me to try again :-D inverter is for whole big house so not sure changing into ups mode would help for other stuffs.

i need to ask when its on utility power is it using main power sine wave or does it get altered/filtered with pure from inverter? and when it switches to inverter battery is sine wave is the same as before?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
mine inverter is su-kam Su-Kam :: Pure Sine Wave Fusion Commercial UPS 2.5 KVA /36 V - World's Most Advanced UPS

already tried doing straight up without ups and my ssd got dead within hours. that scared me to try again :-D inverter is for whole big house so not sure changing into ups mode would help for other stuffs.

i need to ask when its on utility power is it using main power sine wave or does it get altered/filtered with pure from inverter? and when it switches to inverter battery is sine wave is the same as before?

when the mains power is in
good voltage & good frequency
it will BYPASS that mains power to load. so filtering / modification

when power goes off/incoming mains not in good quality, if it has synchronization feature, it will provide power to the output exactly from where the power went off, that is in milli seconds and when u see with oscilloscope it will look as if the power didnt go at all.
when power returns, it will take ~10 seconds to match the inverter waveform to match with the mains waveform so that the sinewave is smooth.

where as local made inverters do not care about this voltage/frequency/waveform and do a dumb job of providing power.

maybe its a coincidence that your ssd died...what is your sd model?
btw your ups is a good one...but not a robust one...does the job if the wiring is proper and input power is good...

Bootroom

Broken In
when the mains power is in
good voltage & good frequency
it will BYPASS that mains power to load. so filtering / modification

when power goes off/incoming mains not in good quality, if it has synchronization feature, it will provide power to the output exactly from where the power went off, that is in milli seconds and when u see with oscilloscope it will look as if the power didnt go at all.
when power returns, it will take ~10 seconds to match the inverter waveform to match with the mains waveform so that the sinewave is smooth.

where as local made inverters do not care about this voltage/frequency/waveform and do a dumb job of providing power.

maybe its a coincidence that your ssd died...what is your sd model?
btw your ups is a good one...but not a robust one...does the job if the wiring is proper and input power is good...

ssd was OCZ AGILITY 3. borrowed it from a friend who is been using for 2 years. didn't knew ssd would die like that. (first time i'm using them) thought it was built to live longer then HDD. i only been using for a week but died suddenly within hours with just surge protector.

Btw i have ordered antec vp550p for 3.7k at snapdeal...was thinking of getting antec vp500pc but former seems better. i have seen a thread in here where people saying luminous 600 ups working well with vp450p so hopefully it would do the same for mine.i had enough with corsair vs550. which has lot of bad rep wherever i see.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
ssd was OCZ AGILITY 3. borrowed it from a friend who is been using for 2 years. didn't knew ssd would die like that. (first time i'm using them) thought it was built to live longer then HDD. i only been using for a week but died suddenly within hours with just surge protector.

Btw i have ordered antec vp550p for 3.7k at snapdeal...was thinking of getting antec vp500pc but former seems better. i have seen a thread in here where people saying luminous 600 ups working well with vp450p so hopefully it would do the same for mine.i had enough with corsair vs550. which has lot of bad rep wherever i see.

My PC used to restart randomly while using Corsair VS550 but now while using Corsair CX430M everything seems normal now.

Bootroom

Broken In
My PC used to restart randomly while using Corsair VS550 but now while using Corsair CX430M everything seems normal now.

which vs550 model is it? there are two CP-9020050 and CP-9020097. i have CP-9020050 which is has now discontinued. which kinda explains my problem with it.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"

I feel that it is a better choice to sell that luminous ups and get a better psu like cx500 and run on inverter and enjoy extended backup than a normal ups...after a year you'll need to change batteries...they don't last forever...

how many writes did the ssd complete when u got it?
every week I make sure that me samsung 840evo is not being killed by too many writes(even mozilla firefox can eat gb's of writed from the hdd daily)

Bootroom

Broken In
I expect my ups battery last about 3 years. probably more since i hardly use its battery power. and luminous uno 1000's main feature includes longer battery life. ups gives me peace of mind that i don't fully trust surge protectors/inverters. also lights keep going off at home due to bad wiring.

not sure about amount of writing on ssd. i only needed to boot Windows from it not going to store files in it all. didn't expect it to die so quickly.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I expect my ups battery last about 3 years. probably more since i hardly use its battery power. and luminous uno 1000's main feature includes longer battery life. ups gives me peace of mind that i don't fully trust surge protectors/inverters. also lights keep going off at home due to bad wiring.

not sure about amount of writing on ssd. i only needed to boot Windows from it not going to store files in it all. didn't expect it to die so quickly.

How much backup is your UPS giving? I mean in minutes.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
i haven't really tried it. since i'm using apc 600va till i get new antec psu. from what i read luminous ups gives good 30 mins back up. it has double battery.

What is your PC configuration? So that I can estimate how much time Luminous 1000VA UPS gives to you.OK.

Bootroom

Broken In
My pc config is fx6100, 970a-g46, asus gtx 960,1tb hd,vs550 psu.

Change of plan. saw APC BR1100CI-IN going for 5000 in amazon lightning deal. just ordered that... going to return luminous ups on the 6th day on snapdeal. i will sleep easier with APC ups lol

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
My pc config is fx6100, 970a-g46, asus gtx 960,1tb hd,vs550 psu.

Change of plan. saw APC BR1100CI-IN going for 5000 in amazon lightning deal. just ordered that... going to return luminous ups on the 6th day on snapdeal. i will sleep easier with APC ups lol

Snapdeal will not accept return without a valid reason. You should have posted about the APC UPS lightning deal here so that other TDF members might use it buddy. APC is indeed best UPS brand out there. Second comes CyberPower UPS...

Bootroom

Broken In
My pc restarting whenever power goes off so good enough reason i think.

only caught the lighting deal with 15 mins to go so it was quick decision. there is big electronics deals for 21 & 22nd july on amazon. you will probably get same tomorrow as well from 7am till 3pm.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
My pc restarting whenever power goes off so good enough reason i think.

only caught the lighting deal with 15 mins to go so it was quick decision. there is big electronics deals for 21 & 22nd july on amazon. you will probably get same tomorrow as well from 7am till 3pm.

If there is the same deal on electronics tomorrow also from 7am to 3pm I will buy that APC 1100VA UPS for sure as I also need it.

Top Bottom