Protection for S9 Plus?

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Hi Guys.

I have been facing problems in protecting my Galaxy S9 Plus, mainly due to its edges, and not sure what is the best solution. The tempered glass\rubberized protection comes off very easily due to its edges (even tried costlier options). Also, till now I've been using the transparent flexible rubber case (which I got in the box) mainly because I fear that an after market case would worsen up the situation even more, as these cases generally cover up to the edges of the phone, which will hinder the sides of tempered/rubberized glass even more.
The only option I could think of is double sided magnetic case, but I am not sure if touch would be responsive enough under such case. As these cases costs good money (approx. 1.5-2k on Amazon), I am kinda skeptical about it.
Have any of you suffered such problems in edge phones? what would be the best way to deal with this problem?

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
I have a Oneplus 3 with the similar issues. I use a tempered glass that doesn't fully cover the display. For overall protection I use Spigen cases which have protected the phone from multiple drops. They are expensive but worth the savings in repair costs.

escape7

What? Where? How?
Use Spigen, I have one for my s8. Fits beautifully.
Galaxy S9 Plus | Spigen Inc.

Its on the costlier side, but from personal experience i'd rather spend 3k-4k on a cover than replacing the screen of a flagship phone.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
There is a bad news. My s9+ dropped last week and its screen glass got cracked :( look at the timing! Now, as it costs a lot to get the screen replaced, and the display & touch is still working fine, I'll use it as is now :(

billubakra

Conversation Architect
There is a bad news. My s9+ dropped last week and its screen glass got cracked :( look at the timing! Now, as it costs a lot to get the screen replaced, and the display & touch is still working fine, I'll use it as is now :(
Get Gadegetshieldz 360 degrees protector and use a protection friendly case.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys.

I have been facing problems in protecting my Galaxy S9 Plus, mainly due to its edges, and not sure what is the best solution. The tempered glass\rubberized protection comes off very easily due to its edges (even tried costlier options). Also, till now I've been using the transparent flexible rubber case (which I got in the box) mainly because I fear that an after market case would worsen up the situation even more, as these cases generally cover up to the edges of the phone, which will hinder the sides of tempered/rubberized glass even more.
The only option I could think of is double sided magnetic case, but I am not sure if touch would be responsive enough under such case. As these cases costs good money (approx. 1.5-2k on Amazon), I am kinda skeptical about it.
Have any of you suffered such problems in edge phones? what would be the best way to deal with this problem?
Apply a polythene screen protector to prevent it from scratch, gorilla glass are not great in preventing scratch and a backcover to protect it from drops.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Apply a polythene screen protector to prevent it from scratch, gorilla glass are not great in preventing scratch and a backcover to protect it from drops.

When my phone's glass broke, it had the polythene screen protector only, didn't save $hit. This incident made me understand to always use high quality tempered glass protectors only.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
When my phone's glass broke, it had the polythene screen protector only, didn't save $hit. This incident made me understand to always use high quality tempered glass protectors only.

@billubakra @whitestar_999 there is no use of buying any insurance, considering it's already broke :( or am i wrong?
There are no good tempered glass protectors for curved screens. Even if you get one then it won't be case friendly or will not be glued well etc etc. Moreover if its written to happen then it will even if you use an otterbox. Use high quality screen protectors like dbrand, gadgetshieldz etc.+ a case. If I were you I would search for an online phone insurance. They used to ask for a 360 degree video of the phone, the rules might have changed now idk. Send them a video of someone else's phone. DO NOT get the screen replaced from outside no matter the price difference. If u really want to then ask the shopkeeper for some months warranty.

P.S. There is a big difference between polythene screen protectors and the likes of dbrand/gadgetshieldz etc.

Minion

Conversation Architect

Polythene screen protector is not for saving screen from drops but from scratch, for drops you need bumper case.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,insurance can't be for an already damaged product.This is for future reference,if you are spending 30k on a phone then spend some more & get insurance for it too.

Top Bottom