progressbar ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hi friends ..

i have made project for finding the all hardware information in vb.net using wmi .

now while fetching the info progrma takes some time .. so i want to place progressbar while it fetches the data ...

how can i implement it ???

firewall

In the zone
Well.

Dont know how to code VB. But do you know that very soon using a progress bar in your own application will be illegal??

Yes ! IBM has asked for a patent for this .

*www.linuxjunkies.in/nsp/

:)

tuxfan

Technomancer
I can't understand where IBM is going!! On one hand it releases 500 patents to open source community, on the other hand they apply for patents for such basic GUI objects.

On one hand they sponsor litigations against Micro$oft (Economic Times dt. 7th April 2005) and on the other hand all their advertisements proclaims that they recommend Windows XP Professional for their PCs!! :roll: What are they upto?

As for VB, there is a Progresss Bar object that can be placed on the form. Manipulating its various properties will give you the desired effect.

OP
G

tuxfan said:
As for VB, there is a Progresss Bar object that can be placed on the form. Manipulating its various properties will give you the desired effect.

not satisfying answer !!! is it ?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
It would really help if you were to just Google for it.

Here's info on creating your progress bar.
*www.codeguru.com/vb/controls/vb_activex/activex/article.php/c7121/

tuxfan

Technomancer
nik_for_you said:
tuxfan said:

not satisfying answer !!! is it ?

1. Make a form
2. Resize the form
3. Put the scroll bar control on it
4. On the screen find out where are the properties.
5. Once you find that out look for minimum value and maximum value properties
6. ....
7. ....

I don't think I can spoon feed mate!! Its not advisable for you too!! Is it? Take a little more trouble yourself, look into MSDN and you will surely do it without much help. Scroll bar is not rocket science. A little effort will give you more satisfaction. I think scrollbar.value gives the current value, increment it in a loop that will move the bar forward on the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom