Processor For Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

capri435

Broken In
Hi all,am into graphics and animation.Am building a new pc.So kindly suggest should i go for a dual core AMD or a higher clocked singlecore.I mean which one is better for the sole purpose of 3D Rendering specially in 3D Max.My max budget is 16k.
Thanx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You attract people with the qualities u display,but u keep them with the qualities u have.

Kniwor

Learner
well a dual core one will be great for ur job.....
might not be right now... but only in few moths the comparison will be obsolete

G

gxsaurav

AMD daul core anyway, Athlon64 3800+ is good enough, & can be easily overclocked to 100 or 200 MHz

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Count me in buddy. AMD X2 is the way to go. If you have some extra moolah and have contacts in FOREN, then go for AMD X2 4400+. Toledo core with 2 X 128KB of L1 & 2 X 1MB of L2 cache. Rocking (or say rocketing) stuff aint it. Price difference between X2 3800+ (Manchester) and X2 4400+ (Toledo) is around 8k but performance difference is considerable. But X2 3800+ is not bad either.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
A Dual Core processor will be better but you might have difficulty getting one because AMD Dual Core processors are not easily available in the market but if you get one it will be better
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
capri435 said:
Hi all,am into graphics and animation.Am building a new pc.So kindly suggest should i go for a dual core AMD or a higher clocked singlecore.I mean which one is better for the sole purpose of 3D Rendering specially in 3D Max.My max budget is 16k.
Thanx
You attract people with the qualities u display,but u keep them with the qualities u have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom