Problems with ati hd4670!!!!

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
hi ppl....
this problem has arised with my old rig.
p4...915g..2gb...hd4670
installed a fresh new os on it..installed drivers 11.9 on it..
it boots up and there's a sprinkle of rgb pixels all over the screen in vertical stripes...horizontal stripes
and yes it starts up right i power the old rig
in bios too u can see it.
i suspect there is some problem with my card drivers
unistalled them and used driver sweeper too nothing worked...!
any help on this guyz!!!!!

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
yes monitor is ok no problem with it.....only screen lits up with a new pattern every time i boot with rgb pixel sprinkle...!
added pic with this post have a look

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Try to connect monitor's cable in the vga/dvi slot provided in the motherboard. See the scenario.

If the problem persists, then it is monitor's fault, otherwise its the graphics card, which is faulty.

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
tried with vga connectors on mobo....... zeroed in on gpu...thats where the problem lies..monitor is good...

sunnyhj

Broken In
Try to connect monitor's cable in the vga/dvi slot provided in the motherboard. See the scenario.

If the problem persists, then it is monitor's fault, otherwise its the graphics card, which is faulty.

+1

remove the GPU and connect cable with vga...if it works GPU is the problem..if not your monitor is the problem

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
hi ppl....
this problem has arised with my old rig.
p4...915g..2gb...hd4670
installed a fresh new os on it..installed drivers 11.9 on it..
it boots up and there's a sprinkle of rgb pixels all over the screen in vertical stripes...horizontal stripes
and yes it starts up right i power the old rig
in bios too u can see it.
i suspect there is some problem with my card drivers
unistalled them and used driver sweeper too nothing worked...!
any help on this guyz!!!!!

i faced same problem with my card. reinstalling the windows and drivers didnt work for me and thus i had to RMA the card. the card was faulty.

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
brought this gpu in april 2009 ...made by palit...does palit has 2 years or 3years warranty coz now they dont make amd cards....! does any knows who repairs gpus in lamington ..if card is out of warranty.

Top Bottom