Problematic Touchpad

choudang

Padawan
I am facing a touch pad issue from couple of days rather from a few months but now it seems unbearable. this G430 touch pad is very inconsistent, cursor is stuck suddenly for a sec and moved to right/left/top/bottom corner. i have tried with APLS and synaptics but not happening...

can i change the touch pad physically?

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
No dont change or replace .... 1st switch off phone for 10 mins and after switch on 1st confguire all setting to default..coz some unknown changes r sufficient to
tackle d system..!

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

or rush to PALM cleaning..!

:grin: :grin:

its ma laptop .. not a phone ......

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
is the G430 laptop a "Lenovo G430 laptop"?
there is a touchpad sensor button on the top right corner of the keyboard,
try turning that on,
Touchpad not working - Lenovo Community
if this doesn't work- try downloading the latest ALPS touchpad driver from Lenovo

else you should contact Lenovo Support
this is a common problem for all Lenovo Ideapad laptops
i have no idea if the touchpad can be changed,
please wait for others to make informed advice or recommendation

@TSPatange_1309
please do refrain from making useless and unneccessary posts

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
totally confused ... as per that post [N500] it has 4 sensor buttons and that damn right .. but the mentioned button is a one touch button for 1 application/url/command .. not a touchpad sensor.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
^^^
sorry buddy
now i am totally at a loss what to say
i thought maybe you do have the touchpad On/Off button on the top right corner(my brother's does)

is your touchpad working or is it completely off?
i think you'd better join Lenovo forums

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
don't be mate ... its fully working apart from the cursor issue.

going to lenovo forum will not help me much ... actually three years back while installing touch pad driver i was confused, bcuz lenovo provides synaptics and using synaptic as like touch pad without branded driver. no side scrolling, no gestures total blank .. thn i used ALPS and able to do the scrolling [scroll marks are on touch pad]

i hate using mouse with lappy, feel abit uncomfortable.

Top Bottom