Problem with Windows Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arko

Broken In
hey everyone!
i have WindowsXP Home edition on my computer, which i keep fully updated. all the patches, together with SP2, are installed. now, one of the driver updates "C Media Electronics Incorporation - Sound - C-Media AC97 Audio Device" is driving me nuts. after installing, the device manager gives me an error message that reads: "This device does not start." and my system goes dumb.

i have tried to install it many times over, but it's always a no go. can you help me here?

-arko

paraman

Journeyman
Try uninstalling the driver and reinstalling the one which came on the cd with your soundcard / motherboard.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
1st uninstall the sound driver software from []add remove program...

Open up the divice magarger... Go to Sound & Game controlers.. uninstall or remove ur sound card driver entries...

*img296.imageshack.us/img296/9149/11po.th.jpg

reboot & reinstall.....

reply back...

OP
A

arko

Broken In
you don't understand actually. i have uninstalled the new "buggy" updated driver and rolled back to the previous one which shipped with my souncard.

the problem is that i want to know if there's way to correctly install the update.

theraven

Technomancer
bah driving driver updates from MS is ludacris
those drivers provided can cause problems since they arent SPECIFIC to ur product
stick to stock drivers
or download latest from manufacturers website

Status
Not open for further replies.