problem with ram... help needed urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubhav_har

In the zone
Hey ppl.. I got new parts to assemble a machine... I got a ASUS P4GEMX mobo and a 512mb 333mhz ram... The problem is that it doesnt boot with the 512mb stick but when i put in a 256mb stick it boots. Now the strangre part. I put the 512mb stic on another machine with the same mobo and the same bios settings and walla it worked and worked like a dream. not a single problem. Now i want to know whats the big problem. Is it the RAM stick which is working fine on another mobo i.e. the same brand and model no. or the mobo on which two 256mb sticks are working fine together... please help....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm to me.... i think its posseble that Mobo has a Support problem with single Larg RAM that is a 512MB... better to suspect the mobo...

KnightRider

Broken In
if the ram is working in another mother board with same config... then here is definitely a problem in the mother board.. and i dont think it requires dual ram stick as it is booting with with a single 256 mb ram...

Huzefa

Journeyman
u r problem may have to do with a diff in the speeds offered by the ram chip and speeds allowed by the mobo , check it out first The mobo and the ram chip are in all probability all right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom